What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Ute Lemper - Berlin Cabaret Songs - WAV CD rip
Weimar cabaret brought vividly to life, edgy songs with wit and power, great stuff. I suppose not the greatness of Brecht and Weill, but recognisably in the same style and brilliant. Must pick up the German language version, to quote a friend of mine (son of a post-war (‘70s I think) Berlin senior rabbi) years ago waving his wine glass drunkenly “Ah, Das ist Berlin!!!”.

9 Likes

Anna von Hausswolff, all thoughts fly. Frankly I would not be playing this if you guys didn’t mention it. Her album covers are scary! But digging in, she is a pipe organist on top of being a composer, song writer and daughter of a avant-garde sound artist Carl Michael von Hausswolff. Only on track 3 so far and loving it!

Such is the beauty of this forum! Thank you @crispyduck @TheKevster @AndyP ! :pray::+1:

11 Likes

Aoife O’Donovan - Age of Apathy
CD|2022

Surprisingly, got it pre-release date from Yep Roc records. Got the deluxe CD, which came with a 2nd CD of acoustic versions of some of the songs. First listen, enjoyable so far.

4 Likes

Apparently, back in 1996 when Older first came out, they only pressed about 1,000 on vinyl. It’s never been reissued on LP so minty examples go for a grand.

3 Likes

Having a bit of Dark Star from the Grateful Dead’s Live/Dead

7 Likes

Essential- just like Bowie singing Heroes in German (Helden) knocks the socks off the English version.

2 Likes

17 Likes

61wMj-0EqNL.SS500
Van Morrison - Beautiful Thing.

19 Likes

Anna von Hausswolff, dead magic. I still don’t like the cover art! But feel completely opposite for the contents inside! Thank goodness I don’t have my display turned on. :wink:

6 Likes

The dark side of female vocals -

Patty Waters - College Tour

1 Like

Courtney Barnett ‎– Things Take Time, Take Time
CD|2021

10 Likes

Great track listing on this comp.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

Still cannot believe she was 83 when she recorded this.

2 Likes

Will do I only looked briefly on my small phone screen in my cab with out of sync sound :grin:

3 Likes

Dagmar Krause - Supply & Demand - original vinyl
Sticking with Berlin in English, Brecht words set by Eisner and Weill, arguably the height of Berlin cabaret, superbly performed by Dagmar with great backing musicians. (And yes Andy, I know I need to track down the German language version. :grinning:)

2 Likes

Roxy Music, country life. The thrill of it all. Replacing the picture last album left behind. Ahem. :joy:

21 Likes

Nat King Cole Sings / George Shearing Plays.

8 Likes