What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Julien Baker ‎– Little Oblivions
CD|2021

2 Likes

Just finished…

Mark Lnopfler - Get Lucky

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Guitar), Richard Rodney Bennett (Guitar), Danny Cummings (Drums), Phil Cunningham (Accordion), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards, String Arrangements), Rupert Gregson-Williams (French Horn), John McCusker (Cittern, Violin), Michael McGoldrick (Flute, Whistle, Human Whistle), Matt Rollings (Keyboards) and Glenn Worf (Electric Bass, Upright Bass).

Streamed on Qobuz (44.1/16)… started up this fabulous album from Mark and the talented band when I started today’s exercises and they sounded sublime!.

Now playing…

Mark Knopfler - Kill to Get Crimson

Mark Knopfler (Guitar, Vocals), Danny Cummings (Drums, Percussion), Guy Fletcher (Keyboards), Ian Lowthian (Accordion), John McCusker (Cittern, Violin), Frank Ricotti Vibraphone), Steve Sidwell (Trumpet), Chris White (Clarinet, Flute, Saxophone) and Glenn Worf (Bass Guitar, String Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… after finishing today’s exercises I started up ‘Kill to Get Crimson’ and once again Mark and the band is sounding mighty sweet! Life is Grand…

22 Likes

Dylan Howe - Subterranean- original vinyl
Staying with the Berlin theme, jazz interpretations of Bowie’s Berlin period songs, Howe keeps the vibe of the originals without slavish copying, excellent.

7 Likes

Portishead

14 Likes

Internet Radio
Jazz - WRTI 90.1 Jazz HD2 (Philadelphia, USA) I
gives the Jazz Groove a run for it’s money (and that takes some doing).

Late at night (UK time) it is hosted by a guy with a gravelly voice - but he knows his stuff and loves his jazz. Magic.

2 Likes

Hothouse Flowers - People - original vinyl
‘80s rock, good songs rising to a big climax, bit of Celtic style. They do it so well, excellent rock album.

7 Likes

John Mellencamp Strictly A One Eyed Jack.

9 Likes

Great live act too, Liam a great showman with a tight band behind him… a regular at Trinity and UCD in my college days in the 80’s :smiley:

1 Like

Truly terrifying music… but I can’t stop listening to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seriously great sounding record… underrated!

1 Like

Superb start to finish… imho he has not made a better one since :+1:

1 Like

A real grower… took me many listens to get to the point where I truly love this album… always a good sign, I find the albums that I instantly like often don’t have staying power… this one is up there with Radiohead’s very best :+1:

1 Like

Courtney Barnett Tings Take Time, Take Time

7 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Hyperborea | 1994

6 Likes

To start the day…

Herbie Hancock - 1998 Gershwin’s World

8 Likes

Anna von Hausswolff, ceremony. This cover art is not scary. Frankly, I love organ music and have always wanted to find good organ albums to listen to. Thank you! All suggestions most appreciated! :relaxed::pray:

4 Likes

Diamanda Galas’ plague mass is much more terrifying imho. Sorry @TheKevster and all her fans out there. :innocent:

Mrs David is asking me why I am listening to someone screaming… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

12 Likes

91EI+OGiKSL.SS500

4 Likes

71pwTrex6KL.SS500
Simon Felice latest due out next week.

3 Likes