What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

One from his amazing run of albums from the early/mid 70s.

" Fulfillingness’ First Finale won Grammy Awards for Album of the Year, Best Male Pop Vocal, and Best Male Rhythm and Blues Vocal Performance (for “Boogie On Reggae Woman”) at the ceremony held in 1975."

s-l600

22 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - When The World Was One

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Nat Birchall (Saxophone), Lisa Mallett (Flute), Keiko Kitamura (Koto), Rachael Gladwin (Harp), Taz Modi (Piano), Gavin Barras (Bass) and Luke Flowers (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off on this overcast and cool morning (finally!) with Matthew & The Gondwana Orchestra and he and the orchestra are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

13 Likes

Kate Rusby. Awkward Annie. CD. Forgot we had this, not my normal thing, but enjoyable and some catchy songs.

" Awkward Annie is the seventh studio album by English contemporary folk musician Kate Rusby, released on 3 September 2007 on Pure Records. The album is the first to be produced by Rusby herself, following her split with husband and producer John McCusker."

5 Likes

7 Likes

Yello - Point

12 Likes

As recommended on these forums, this is stellar!

22 Likes

Quite enjoyable

4 Likes

Roxy Music Siren

R-5913180-1406148059-3541

20 Likes

LZ - Presence. First press

14 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Ladies & Gentlemen, from the tour of '72.

16 Likes

1959 - (2015 reissue) - Miles Davis // Kind Of Blue

26 Likes

Giving this a listen now - on your recommendation. It’s fantastic!

2 Likes

One of the two Anouar Brahem albums I own on vinyl. Sets a retrospective mood at a hectic work day.

7 Likes

A classic! Chitlins Con Carne here and Idle Moments on Grant Green’s self-titled album are my two top jazz guitar tracks of all time.

2 Likes

A nice pointer from @AndyP a 6 cd remaster for £6:49 on Qobuz, sounds great for Bill Nelson fans

11 Likes

8 Likes

Farmer Dave & The Wizards of The West.
Some nice West Coast Psychedelia.

The latest Jack White album. Seen a few people recommending it on here.
I wasn’t going to buy this but so pleased I did. Easily his best solo album and it sounds very nice on vinyl also.

16 Likes

The latest Brian Jonestown Massacre release and very good it is too.

2 Likes

The latest Black MIDI album. It’s quite bonkers. Need to play it a few more times to decide whether I like it.

1 Like