What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Will stay with Sonny tonight

7 Likes

I absolutely love this but it really defies categorisation and is not a ‘relaxing’ record! If you haven’t seen them live then highly recommended- exhilarating. Morgan Simpson is one of finest drummers I’ve seen live

1 Like

Thanks recommendation noted!

Just wondering who is playing the beautiful trumpet parts on this magnificent album.

Should have guessed it’s on A&M Records so none other than Herb Alpert.

4 Likes

The last Sonny Stitt for tonight…

5 Likes

I only have the black vinyl and that is in a different league from both the streamed and cd versions. You’re in for a real treat.

1 Like

51COc+F78IL.AC
Paul Simon - You’re The One.

13 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (Tenor Saxophone, Alto Flute); Bill Frisell (Guitar), Greg Leisz (Steel Guitar), Reuben Rogers (Bass), Eric Harland (Drums), Willie Nelson (Voice) and Norah Jones (Voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…continuing on this Tuesday morning with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and Charles and the band is sounding sublime! One sweet album… Started up today’s exercises listening to Jon Halsall and finished while taking Charles out for a spin.

9 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. Very strong wind last night. Still crazy this morning but peaceful inside thanks to Birdy. :relaxed:

5 Likes

This is the EMI 100 vinyl pressing from 1997. “Analogue cutting from analogue tapes” says the hype sticker.

27 Likes

ACNE

9 Likes

1970 - Jethro Tull // Benefit

13 Likes

This was another freebie from Amazon gift cards earned online:

On green 180 g triple vinyl.

5 Likes

Cara Dillon, wanderer. :relaxed:

10 Likes

Nice laid back Mac DeMarco

1 Like

Mary Black, by the time it gets dark. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Wynton Kelly Trio Wes Montgomery - Smokin’ At The Half Note.

9 Likes

Eva Cassidy, Eva by heart. Thanks @NigelB for jogging memory. :relaxed:

19 Likes

1959 - Jimmy Smith // The Sermon

10 Likes

Now playing…

Till Brönner & Dieter Ilg - Nightfall

Till Brönner (Trumpet, Flugelhorn) and Dieter Ilg (Bass).

Streaming on Quobuz (96/24)… returning home after running a couple of errand and dropping off a completed ballot for the Washington State Primary election and now turning to this beautiful album ‘Nightfall.’ the album and Till and Dieter are sounding sublime! One sweet album…

9 Likes