What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Spinning this again as I enjoyed it earlier in the week

The Baddest Of George Thorogood and The Destroyers.

10 Likes

Mozart
Piano Concertos
Jeno Jando
Andras Ligeti, Concentus Hungaricus
Digitally Recorded in May and June 1989

I am not a big aficionado of Classic Music but I am still enjoying this wonderful CD while I am sorting my Vinyl collection….again. :wink: It is almost done and there will be room for another dozens of records :+1:

The CD is part of a 5CD set from 1997 which I bought for 15 DM or so. As time goes by. Nothing for audiophile Classic Lovers but the Piano Player here is really good.

12 Likes

This must be new

8 Likes

Tony Bennett - Tony Bennett/Bill Evans Album - 1990 - Fantasy Records 25218 64392
Recorded in 1975, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley

Another one for Tony, RIP Sir.

10 Likes

Sad news today. His voice on some of the old albums is stunning. This one recorded only a few years after he had been serving in WWII, Boulevard of Broken Dreams my favourite from 1950.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Just downloaded 1st listening…

2 Likes

I’ve just re-read that, excellent review Dave, I really should pay more attention to who plays at The Barbican.

2 Likes

Joining in with the Tony Bennett appreciation

The Beat Of My Heart, this must have been so cool at the time, nice concept with some excellent percussionists.

11 Likes

Jess Williamson – Time Ain’t Accidental
CD|2023

Singer/songwriter. Enjoyable album.

4 Likes

Loving on Vinyl

6 Likes

Discovered this artist recently with this release, she has a few albums in back catalogue too.

The collaboration with Waxahatchee is decent.

1 Like

3 trax due out 8th Nov.
Video is first trax released off the album.

5 Likes

Hi @IainO. Thanks. I first heard her on the Waxahatchee collaboration, then went through her back catalog. Good stuff.

Best,
-pat

1 Like

Cool deck!

1 Like

I was at college when this was released, a flatmate played it to death, I hated it.
I bought it a few years ago on vinyl and I love it, stand out tracks for me ‘I am the Law’ and ‘Seconds’

1 Like

Entirely agree, they are superb tracks but probably wouldn’t have worked as singles.

Thanks for reminding me as I’ve moved away from some albums I’ve probably played hundreds of times but need to revisit Dare.

1 Like

Rolling around with laughter!

3 Likes

Probably one of my top ten favourite albums, “Matty Groves” and “The Deserter” stand out tracks.

16 Likes

How on earth do the music companies mess up the artwork so often?

Only one of these looks true to the album cover.

8 Likes