What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

LOL - to be fair the Hi Res version of Gaucho is a cut above the CD. But it’s the only one to date.

Shame really 'cos they’re just about the only major artists whose entire catalogue I would happily listen to back to back at any time.

2 Likes

I see the Gaucho Hi Res is only £3.69 in the current Qobuz sale (if you have the sublime Hi Res discount).

Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic

17 Likes

Would be attractive had I not given all my money to a builder.

Qobuz streaming and the occasional glass of Sauv Blanc are the only pleasures left to me now ;

1 Like

On Vinyl:

Yellowjackets Parallel Motion / 2022 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1196

Russell Ferrante Piano, Keyboards
Bob Mintzer Tenor Saxophone
Dane Alderson Electric Bass
William Kennedy Drums

The day after their outstanding gig at Ronnie Scott’s, giving their latest a spin.

6 Likes

27 Likes

First time with the house to myself for a bit. It just had to be this at window rattling volume.

Sub-bass coming through nicely as I type.

Magic.

G

16 Likes

Brought years ago at a HI FI show in 1987 because it was on Linn Records the recording quality is stunning.
I really love side 1 but don’t like Side 2 much

8 Likes

Now playing…

Foy Vance | Signs of Life - Live From The Highlands

Foy Vance (Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, Vocals) and Seán Óg Graham (Accordion, Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this morning with the ‘Live’ edition of the Signs of Life album and Foy and Sean are sounding sublime!

3 Likes

Think Tank - Blur

Not my favourite Blur album by a long way, but there are some tracks on it that I enjoy. I can’t help remembering the first time I listened to it, or at least the first time I remember listening to it.

My family used to holiday in France, in Saintes, for the summer and I’d join them from time to time for long weekends or a week or so. I’d generally ride a motorbike down in preference to taking my car (since my partner had already taken a car down with the children). On this occasion, I’d recently bought a Creative MuVo digital player which would only take (I think) 128Gb of files, I managed to wear in-ear headphones within the helmet without too much pain. I then had the opportunity to listen to Think Tank on repeat for about 6 or so hours… all the way from Le Havre to Saintes. Hard to believe that’s 20 years ago now.

Things became a lot less repetitive when I got my first iPod a few months later.

12 Likes

Just put this little beauty of the turntable, set volume to 11.

The Prodigy’s 25th anniversary remix edition of The Fat of the Land.

Sounds fiercely epic on Silver vinyl.

5 Likes

Every one a classic.

G

19 Likes

Old Rog makes a point of always calling him ‘Dave’, partly because it annoys Gilmour himself, and especially Polly.

3 Likes

Her Bobness’ lost jazz album, on vinyl:

13 Likes

Rush - Permanent Waves - 1980

About time I gave some Rush a spin :smiley:

10 Likes

Sadistic Mika Band - Hot Menu

Something here for everyone.

2 Likes

From the “Summer of '69” Rhino vinyl box set:

18 Likes

Now Playing…

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/16123796

Streaming on Qobuz…

Sinéad O’Connor - continuing on this morning with a 44 track play list of Sinead O’Connor songs on Qobuz and the opening track ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ is sounding sublime! Looking forward the remaining 43 tracks… RIP Sinéad, enjoyed your music over the years and you will be missed.

7 Likes

Please don’t ask.

What a boring album cover though, probably reflects the overall content.

1 Like