What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

After 10 years and 7 albums John Hiatt must have wondered what it would take to hit the big time.

Luckily Demon Records had faith in him and with a dream band he delivers. Ry Cooder is on fire on this album. That slide riff which starts off ‘Alone in the Dark’ is a monster.

Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner on board holding down the bottom.

19 Likes

A mention earlier of Linda Ronstadt, prompted this album to be played….the Zozo sisters with Ann Savoy.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Ayo (Vocals), Freddy Koella (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Resonator Guitar), Denis Benarrosh (Drums), Laurent Vernerey (Electric Upright Bass), Gaël Rakotondrabe (Piano), Julia-Sarr (Vocals, Choir), Onane Zamati Vocals, Choir), Philippe Hammel (Harmonica), and Alexandre Leauthaud (Accordion, Bandoneon)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Saturday with Ayo’s ‘Royal’ album. Ayo has such a beautiful voice and surrounded by very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

9 Likes

Porcupine Tree, closure / continuation. Now I remember which album art I find scary - PT’s Absentia, not The Carpenters, singles 1969-1981. :wink:

7 Likes

Picked this double gold lacquer cd compilation at the charity shop this morning. Great sound quality, and best of all the music.

5 Likes

Hi @Cmax

I am a long way short of everything naim has released if you check on Discogs, but I do have quite a few including all of the first 30. Here is my collection, with only a couple not pictured. There are about half a dozen that I am still planning to add - when I find them in new condition at the right price. I fully expect someone has more than this!

18 Likes

That’s still impressive, Thank You for sharing the photo’s.

3 Likes

The last of the Santana albums for me that held onto some of the original sound philosophy. Carlos then changed to Yamaha guitars from Gibson, and then to PRS, and went in a different direction(s).

14 Likes

Yet another banger from ‘79. This is the 2007 “deluxe” 2-CD edition, with added remixes, demos and Peel sessions. Dennis Bovell’s production is superb, adding deep dub and roots reggae elements to the girls’ strong compositions while still managing to bottle their energy.

10 Likes

Garland Jeffreys - Ghost Writer

For me his best album.

From 1977 - a review at the time sums it up:

“a classic of the era, with hints of doo-wop, easy skanking, and even a little disco, all scuffed up with bankruptcy-era New York City grit”.

6 Likes

After enjoying Tunnel Of Love last night I thought I would revisit it’s predecessor

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A.

18 Likes

Supertramp - Breakfast In America - CD

Following the @TheKevster decided to check out 1979, starting with this.

26 Likes

Now playing…

Amos Lee - Dreamland

Amos Lee (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Christian Leggy Langdon (Bowed Vibes, Breathing, Drum Programming, Drums, Dulcimer, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Pump Organ, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass, Toy Piano, Wurlitzer), Mike Robinson (Drums), Joel Shearer (Guitar) and Aaron Sterling (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Amos and he and the band are sounding sublime! One fabulous album… Life is sweet!

10 Likes

Vinyl

IMG_0715

18 Likes

Taking up the '79 theme with some Pat.

12 Likes

‘Vade Mecum’ from this CD box set. RIP Tony Oxley.

2 Likes

Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle - CD

Another from 1979, seems like only yesterday.

16 Likes

Bob Dylan -Street Legal.

13 Likes

Natalie Merchant, leave your sleep. :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Very nice album!

1 Like