What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Nat Myers - Yellow Peril

2 Likes

Richard Thompson - Mock Tudor.

10 Likes

Thievery Corporation, Culture of Fear, 2011.

Thank you @GeoffC.

5 Likes

That’s my girl!

16 Likes

Simply Red -Time

3 Likes

The original vinyl sounds fantastic - interested to hear what you think about this remaster.

I was looking at this in my local record store today and it was 57 euro!

A relaxing afternoon of a French holiday. Trying a new mat and haven’t listened to this for a while. Not quite 2023 but a nice reminder of past sounds.

9 Likes

Afternoon Kev, did you mention a possible jazz project regarding Ese, or am I misremembering?

3 Likes

I’ll need to give it a few listens and don’t have the original to compare but I’d say whilst it sounds pretty good in places, with certain aspects of the music snapping out, overall a bit lacking some energy and sparkle.

For comparison I put on this, Toscas Suzuki, and the entire recording just jumped out, all at the same volume level.

I’ll also give it a go in my other system for comparison but I’d say if you are happy with the original then stick with it. I didn’t pay that much for it btw, I’d have to check but thought def less than £30.

Ok, just checked, £34, from Concorde music.

2 Likes

Yellowjackets Parallel Motion / 2022 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1196

Russell Ferrante Piano, Keyboards
Bob Mintzer Tenor Saxophone
Dane Alderson Electric Bass
William Kennedy Drums

3 Likes

The Who - Quadrophenia

I shall probably get a telling off from Andy for repeat posting, but what the heck. I love this album. I’ve had several copies since my first encounter with it when I was at school. Today playing a 96/24 version on Qobuz.

22 Likes

Pizza Express, Holborn, tonight…

Looks like the largest number of Vooduu People I’ve seen on one stage. Vooduu Big Band? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Eilen Jewell - Get Behind The Wheel

6 Likes

Cool!, I was going to say enjoy yourself Stevie, but I know you will :smile:

2 Likes

Hi @AlanP – yes, there is a show tonight at Pizza Express Holborn called JAZZ IS WHAT WE SAY IT IS, which is being professionally recorded:

There is also a jazz mini-album (title TBC) which is nearly finished and which will come out after the next full-length album (which is finished, just shopping around to sort out manufacture, hopefully it will be out before the end of the year).

6 Likes

Ayo, Joyful, 2006.

7 Likes

Lovely purple double vinyl:

15 Likes

Cheers Kev, yes, it was the jazz mini-album that piqued my interest. Good luck with the new album and tonight’s recording :+1:

2 Likes

Robert Palmer,Pressure Drop.

13 Likes

Nick Drake, Pink Moon, 1972.

5141m8EGpAL.SL1500

21 Likes