What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Great recording.

4 Likes

The Doobie Brothers, Takin’ It To The Streets, 1976.

12 Likes

Wife listened today, yes a big difference she reckons, so it’s not psychological or me being paranoid! :+1:

1 Like

The Beatles Let It Be / 2003 Apple / EU CD x 2 / 0724359571324

18 Likes

A recent mention by @QuickSticks reminded me that I haven’t listened to this for far too long.

Just foot to the floor rock and roll.

Rival_Sons_Great_Western_Valkyrie_cover

5 Likes

Well thats always good! :+1:

Makes it easier to bring home more records when she knows how much better their now going to sound :wink:

1 Like

Now playing…

Food - Mercurial Balm

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion, Electronics), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Prakash Sontakke (Slide Guitar, Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet).

Streaming on TIDAL… returning home from the doctors office after having a fasting blood drawn and now sitting down with a cup of coffee and breakfast and kicking off this Thursday morning with ‘Food’ and this sextet is sounding sublime!

7 Likes

On Vinyl:
712S-LA619L.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

15 Likes

A couple of new arrivals today, from the MPS AAA series.

Nathan Davis Quintet- The Hip Walk

I was initially drawn to this as it features Carmell Jones who was a new name to me when first hearing the brilliant and appropriately titled The Remarkable Carmell Jones on Tone Poet/Blue Note. The album includes Kenny Clarke and what I thought were previously unknowns to me in Francy Boland, Jimmy Woode. However a little bird told me that they, along with Kenny Clarke, formed the rhythm section on Blue Note recording The Golden Eight. I have that on a Music Matters 33 but forgotten about, so now enjoying the double bonus of rediscovering that lovely record and further exploration beckons of the many other Clarke/Boland group recordings.

Bill Evans - Symbiosis

The Bill Evans Trio (Eddie Gomez, Marty Morell) in an orchestral setting divided into two movements, Bill Evans also playing Fender Rhodes, both of which I’ve not heard him do before so I bought this more out of curiosity.
I’m really enjoying it.

In these days of overpriced £50 re issues these MPS AAA are great vfm, gatefold sleeve, insert with essay, session photos, poly lined inner, superb pressing and sound.
All for £24 for Nathan Davies, £17 Bill Evans.

Nice one MPS!

:heart:

4 Likes

Doubleplusgood
:heart:

3 Likes

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails.

9 Likes

Such a beautiful album! Must play soon.

1 Like

One of my favourite albums of 2023 so far, Fire! Orchestra’s Echoes, on double CD:

5 Likes

It’s a great album. My vinyl copy was dished, warped and scratched. Took it straight back and got the shop to order another one. Collecting tomorrow with crossed fingers.

1 Like

Some Neko Case, inspired by the ‘less well known…’ thread

6 Likes

Dream Theater - Dark Clouds & Silver Linings
Special Edition Box Set

The box is covered with black velvet and contains a limited print of the cover art, double vinyl album, CD and a mouse mat with the original cover art as the image.

2 Likes

My absolute favourite of theirs, yet I don’t own it🤷🏻‍♂️

11 Likes

Despite all he’s done since Extrapolation remains my fave John McLaughlin album - under his name but it’s really a band effort and what a band - Surman, Oxley and Odgers.

4 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash, CSN, 1977.

18 Likes