What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

61YT+t1aOsL._AC_1

Beethoven - Symphony No. 3 - Otto Klemperer - Philharmonia Orchestra

10 Likes

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Out / 1997 Columbia / Austria HDCD / CK 65122

28 Likes

condolences geoffC

2 Likes

My sencere condolences @GeoffC

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @GeoffC best wishes.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear you news @GeoffC, heart felt condolences to you and your family.
I hope the music can help to distract you from the sorrow, for at least a little while.

1 Like

Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan over Coffee & Wordle this fine Bank Holiday Monday morning.

13 Likes

More like twice that for a near mint original (£100+) of Mexican Green.

The Gearbox reissue from a few years back, which used the original Diego Rivera cover art, was very good too and compared well with the original.

1 Like

Wow! The artwork on the Mole reissue is certainly disappointing but definitely not disappointing enough to push me into buying an original. Knowing I’ve saved £85 is very nice though.

Fourplay Heartfelt / 2002 BMG / US CD / 09026639162

Bob James Keyboards
Larry Carlton Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

@QuickSticks As I was placing this disc in my player your post appeared…

Thank you (and others) for the kind words. My Dad was an early influence of my enjoyment of music, and continued to be throughout his life. We shared many hours listening together on a regular basis at our homes, or at concerts. It was truly wonderful to see his face light up when he visited here and the music started playing. He introduced me to Dave Brubeck and Oscar Peterson, and I introduced him to Donald Fagen and Larry Carlton. Music is ‘my constant’ and in difficult times always will be.

20 Likes

War Of The Worlds - Jeff Wayne and a cast of players
On Vinyl

23 Likes

Lost my dad over 3 years ago, and I still miss him - my condolences to you and yours.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Geoff. My condolences to you.

1 Like

My condolences to you, Geoff. How lucky you were to have been able to share your love and experience of music together. Through music he will always be with you.

4 Likes

David Bowie - Station To Station

23 Likes

My sencere condolences Geoff.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Geoff. My condolences to you.

1 Like

The Modern Jazz Quartet The Montreux Years / 2023 BMG / Austria CD / CAT733CD

First play of this new addition to the collection, a quality package and sound.

13 Likes

Thoughts are with you on your loss.

1 Like

Chris Rea - On The Beach - CD

14 Likes