What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Something to get me motivated on a Sunday morning, The Beatles Help (stereo).

25 Likes

Vision of Atlantis, pirates. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Loggins and Messina Full Sail

8 Likes

Dylan Slow Train Coming

17 Likes

Nemesis, the quite resistance. :smiling_face:

1 Like

A-ha, hunting high and low. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Yuja Wang with the Los Angeles Philharmonic conducted by Gustavo Dudamel - Rachmaninoff: The Piano Concertos & Paganini Rhapsody

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

11 Likes

I’ve been trying to work out what would be my number one album if I could only choose one. Bowie The Beatles Lou Reed and others popped into my head but it was Midnight Oils 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 that kept coming up. It covers everything from world politics to where you live and how you feel. It’s interesting musically as it jumps from acoustic to electric guitar and Peters Garrets voice gets you off you up and thinking, it’s better to die on your feet than live on your knees. I’ll probably pick another tomorrow but it’s the album I’d take right now.

@AndyP hope that’s good enough reason “why”.

5 Likes

Excellent that is what we want to see - now if only other Australian residents would do the same it would bring such joy.

Yeah just remember thought that lots of English folk who don’t even bother to write who it is that they’re playing.

1 Like

Rod Stewart’s Every Picture Telks A Story. Who hasn’t got a soft spot for Maggie May.

20 Likes

Post last week by @dav301 had me searching out this album by Miles Davis.

From 1979 it’s a compilation with interesting tracks. The first is the title track weighing in at 26 minutes - part of the embryonic electric period and the second a cover of David Crosby’s beautiful Guinnevere. Here Miles stretches it out to just under 20 minutes, exploring the intricacies of the song. Recorded around the time of Bitches Brew.

Miles Davis - Circle in the Round

20 Likes

First heard that on The Complete Bitches brew sessions.
Stunning.

3 Likes

Just comparing the two and I think the Complete Bitches Brew version sounds better. Maybe two different mixes.

1 Like

@Pete_the_painter you know what, I’ve never listened to that album (or any others by them), so as your listening habits are generally excellent & to my tastes, I’ll have to have a listen later. As soon as out Great North Run guests have left tomorrow! :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll be interested in your opinion, it is album of its time (however for me it’s timeless) and if you weren’t there you mightn’t get it. Cheers.

1 Like

RoonShareImage-638299390405651830

Kurt Rosenwinkel Trio - East Coast Love Affair

Kurt Rosenwinkel (guitar); Avishai Cohen (bass); Jorge Rossy (drums).
Recorded at Small’s Club, in New York City, July 10 & 24, 1996

1 Like

The Verve - A Northern Soul - CD

8 Likes

Acker Bilk. Stranger on the shore.
And…?

5 Likes