What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

On CD:-

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La

18 Likes

Riverside stereo LP.

7 Likes

Playing on Vinyl

2 Likes

Slowdive - Just for a Day - 1991

This used to get a lot of plays, once upon a time. Celia’s Dream always my favourite. A bit more mellow than some of their counterparts, Ride, Swervedriver, Moose et al who could all make a right racket in those tiny venues … happy days nonetheless :grinning:

4 Likes

Fantastic Negrito | The Last days of Oakland | 16-44 flac

Coffee time after lunch before going back to work. Music time! Talented man, interesting music, mix between blues and soul.

9 Likes

On the ticket who were the ‘special guests’ - Roy is very well connected.

4 Likes

His son Nick, Jonathan Wilson, Joanna Newsome, and Jimmy Page. We all sang happy birthday to him. Fabulous night. His best line was “This is my son Nick. He’s a musician too. Proof that natural selection doesn’t work in a single generation”.

5 Likes

2x Vinyl. From 1978. I enjoy this and a varied selection of pieces.

6 Likes

I know and like the first two so I gave Mickey Hart a listen. Great music - thanks for introducing me to that.

1 Like

David Byrne - ‘The Catherine Wheel’ - 1981
Captain Beefheart - Doc At The Radar Station - 1980

Plenty going on in this ‘double-header’ :rofl: but really enjoying it to be fair.

12 Likes

Everything But The Girl - Idelwild - CD

13 Likes

Oh that is an awesome guest list. I saw Nick support Roy at the Spitz in Spitalfields Market.

Just bought the new Jonathan Wilson.

2 Likes

Luna - Lunafied
vinyl|2008

Luna is an indie rock group. Double album re-released in 2018 on vinyl. Compilation of covers. Have had it a while, but first listen. Enjoying so far.

5 Likes

This is much better than one might think. Leo plays everything, recorded during lockdown.

.sjb

7 Likes

But does it make you feel like dancing?

4 Likes

Nobody knows nor understands.

.sjb

3 Likes

Vinyl. This is lovely imho.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Really getting to like this album, even if that cover freaks me out a bit:

13 Likes