What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Fiona Apple – Fetch The Bolt Cutters
vinyl|2020

9 Likes

Peter Gabriel: Us (Not So, as correctly pointed out! I clearly need another coffee)

25 Likes

Us, not So.

Well done, you spotted today’s deliberate mistake! lol “shakes head at self!” Thanks…

2 Likes

Enya - Watermark - CD

18 Likes

The SACD of the Frapp’s Supernature. In stereo through the old Oppo-205. Sounds unbelievable. It’s a pity Will and Alison didn’t put out more SACDs…

21 Likes

Robert Palmer keeping me smiling on this sunny North Yorks. afternoon.

My, but he was good, wasn’t he? :notes: :musical_note: :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Joey B… Damn he’s good. Just looked at prices to see him at the Royal Albert hall… blimey!!

14 Likes

2021 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3: :grinning:

19 Likes

Other half baby sitting so getting a little bit of me time to chill

Rush - Caress of Steel

10 Likes

Queued up.

It was more, it was quite unexpected, settling in to watch this movie, to be greeted by a whole set of Smiths songs and it was like “I haven’t listened to those in a while” :grinning:
Any they came across well and quite fitting to the mood of the film.

2 Likes

More Pat - on CD.

CDS3 sub-ing for CD555 and currently surpassing itself…

13 Likes

The first 2 albums with Little Feat are very special. Pressure Drop is in my wife’s personal top 10. The electronic stuff on Clues, especially side 2 is particularly good I think. Was in Batley yesterday funnily enough. There should be a statue.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that mate, my condolences, all the best
:heart:

2 Likes

Sunday afternoon. Jimmy Smith. Stanley Turrentine. A little more volume, I think…
Streaming on Qobuz, but hovering over the buy button for the Tone Poet release.

12 Likes

Inspired by the Chet Baker thread…

2022 Tone Poet Series mono vinyl release… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

11 Likes

I’ve just been re-watching Michelangelo Antonioni’s enigmatic 1982 film Identification of a Woman and had forgotten how much 1970s and early 1980s prog/electronica features on the soundtrack: Steve Hillage, Japan, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark…

and, most striking of all, a couple of tracks by Tangerine Dream, including the beautiful piano introduction to Ricochet Part 2

Ricochet_(Tangerine_Dream_album_-_cover_art)

Did anyone else indulge when the lavish Tangerine Dream box set In Search of Hades came out a few years ago?

insearch2

14 Likes

Mendelssohn Violin Concerto number 3. Vinyl. Really lovely.

8 Likes

Great 3CD set of Music Inc. recordings.

5 Likes

It’s possible you can relate to Side 1 Track 2😉