What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Antonio Forcione touch wood / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd069

12 Likes

Imelda May - 11 Past The Hour - CD

13 Likes

Yes, it’s in my CD collection somewhere. Do I win a prize?

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

Psychedelia central!

21 Likes

Haha! No! It’s an unexpected answer but vague. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Before I forget to give the answer, it’s in the middle of the cover of Bob Dylan’s Bringing It All Back Home album.

3 Likes

I had to look twice, but yep there it is, well spotted, which begs the question, do we (I) really look at the covers…

1 Like

Acoustic Mania Talking Hands / 1997 naim / Austria CD / naimcd020

7 Likes

Marillion - Clutching at Straws

An excellent ‘Swan song’ for Fish’s tenure as the frontman for Marillion IMO…:slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Iris DeMent - Sing The Delta - CD

7 Likes

To be fair it’s easy to be distracted by Mrs Grossman.

1 Like

I have had to listen over 2 nights as its a mammoth set of live recordings, thoroughly enjoying them.

1 Like

Tom Odell - Long Way Down - CD

Tom’s first release, was it really 10 years ago.

2 Likes

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star / Todd - CD 2 on 1

6 Likes

Treating myself to selections from the 7 albums on the CDs in this amazing (value) box set. I think Simone’s Phillips recordings are her very best and they’re all in here. Just a wonderful package. Wild Is The Wind being my personal favourite. Simone and Angelou would be the 1st two names on any ‘pick your ideal dinner guests’ poll. I’d be completely out of my depth but just to listen …. CD rip.

10 Likes

I don’t often play this particular album.
I really don’t understand why, as I always really enjoy it when I do…:man_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Amazing coincidence, I just added that to my favourites after listening to Wild Is The Wind.

1 Like

Studio One 007 (Qobuz/Soul Jazz)

Compilation of Bond and other movie themes ina Jamaica stylee.
Jamaica has of course a strong connection to Bond with films like Dr No filmed there and the home of Ian Fleming

:heart:

9 Likes

Such a wonderful artist. I’m not a completest but I have 30 or so of her ‘official’ releases. She’s very special. Four Women itself is such a powerful song. I do love a box set :grinning:

1 Like

Cannonball Adderley Quintet In Chicago / 1999 Verve Master Edition / Germany CD / 5597702

Cannonball Adderley Alto Saxophone
John Coltrane Tenor Saxophone
Wynton Kelly Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Jimmy Cobb Drums

Another spin of a recent addition to the collection.

13 Likes

Enjoying the new Bruce Soord this afternoon at a VERY antisocial volume…:face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes