What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Also not the best recording while an enjoyable listen….

6 Likes

It is. Never saw them. They broke up after your album I believe.

1 Like

Dont care much for Later With Jools Holland these days, but 22 mins into episide 5 is a lovely short piece celebrating Michael Bammie Rose check it out…

1 Like

Just realised this comes from the box set released yesterday Airborne The MCA and Decca years……27 cd and 5 Blu ray discs inc concerts at the Marquee club etc. HMV are selling at £169.99, one for the Camel Xmas list @Clive

Thanks twofifty. I’ll look out for the album you posted.

Oscar Peterson The Lost Tapes / 1996 MPS / Germany CD / 5290962

Oscar Peterson Piano
Ray Brown, Sam Jones Bass
Bob Durham, Ed Thigpen Drums

12 Likes

Had to give this another spin, sounds great… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

21 Likes

Ooh, I had this on order recently but it never arrived. What do you think?

1 Like

The Oscar Peterson Trio - Oscar Peterson Plays The Richard Rodgers Songbook - 2011 - Recorded 1959 - Solar Records

Getting its fourth play since yesterday :grin: :+1:

9 Likes

Vinyl

8 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, Gazza. I had seen this in a mail from Burning Shed, but I reckon I have all the Camel albums I need to be fair and it’s way too expensive for a Christmas gift.

I might check out the new mixes and live tracks on Qobuz though. Just in case, you understand.

1 Like

2013 Music On Vinyl reissue… :+1:t3: :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning:

17 Likes

Camel - Air Born from the Live Recordings 1974-1977.

This is a favourite track of mine from Moonmadness. Just checking it out! The SQ is very good and the playing is good too (what else would you expect from Camel?). I’m hoping that @Gazza will give it to me as a Christmas gift now!

9 Likes

@AndyP …just got round to reliving my youth, finally got a copy of Alice’s Restaurant yesterday. A mint used original copy, and a some Dr Hook who I saw at Barbarellas in Birmingham circa 1973.

8 Likes

Toots & The Maytals. Pressure drop.(Definitive collection)
49 great songs on the HomePod while I get on with things.

13 Likes

Made it down to the cabin for some main system listening.
I have two different Vinyl versions of this (Craft & Silvertone), but decided to play the first copy I bought which is on CD

22 Likes

A clue please ?!

I think:

PJ Harvey, I Inside The Old Year Dying, 2023.

10 Likes

Camel - Nude

I’ve just played side two of Stationary Traveller, now moving on to Nude. Gazza has turned my ear to Camel again. I’m not complaining.

14 Likes

On vinyl: Joni Mitchell - Night Ride Home. Such a lovely record and a very relaxing listen. I always think of this as one of Joni’s more recent releases but, rather worryingly, I see it’s now 32 years old!

15 Likes