What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Carole King - Tapestry - CD

‘Tapestry’ received four Grammy Awards in 1972, including Album of the Year and the lead singles from the album — “It’s Too Late”/”I Feel the Earth Move” — spent five weeks at number one on the US chart. The cover photograph was taken at King’s Laurel Canyon home and shows her sitting in a window frame, holding a tapestry she hand-stitched herself, with her cat Telemachus.

24 Likes

Joe Sample The Hunter / 1986 MCA / Japan CD No OBI / 32XD410

Joe Sample Keyboards
Abraham Laboriel, Marcus Miller Bass
Bob Wilson, Steve Gadd Drums
David Spinozza, Dean Parks, Phil Upchurch Guitar
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Bill Reichenbach, Chuck Findley, D!ck Hyde, Ernie Watts, Jerry Hey, Larry Williams Horns

6 Likes

Hybrid - I Choose Noise

5 Likes

And then there’s Mr Springsteen’s lo-fi masterpiece ‘Nebraska’, recorded onto an old cassette tape, intended to be used as demos for a studio recording with the E Street Band. Except that The Boss couldn’t recapture the emotions caught on the cassette, so that was used as the master for his next record in all its ragged glory (to quote Neil Young).

Carlos Kleiber’s recording of Beethoven’s Sixth (Pastoral) Symphony (with the Bavarian State Orchestra) was a lo-fi cassette tape of the only single time that CK ever conducted that piece. The tape was intended to be given to Kleiber’s son Marko, but Orfeo learned of its existence, and issued the performance on CD.

5 Likes

Steely Dan everything must go / 2003 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR11530

You’ll need the tools for survival
And the medicine for the blues

14 Likes

Black Peter…

13 Likes

On CD:-

Return To Forever - Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy

8 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Head To The Sky / 2004 Sony / Japan Promo CD / MHCP400

12 Likes

Back from the weekend food shopping what better than coffee and snacks and Diana Krall Live In Paris…the recording and performance is top draw :smile_cat: :+1:

19 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Through The Past, Darkly, listening to the sacd layer.

18 Likes

True Graham

Let’s face it Springsteen has had a few duds but that’s to be expected over 35/40 years or so

When I was living in London in the 70’s I was so lucky to see him in I think his second concert ( only did 2 and shoot through)

Seen him 3 times since then but in London I knew I was seeing something very special

I saw him a few times in London when I was a student at Oxford. Last time I saw him was at the rather soulless Milton Keynes Bowl (within a week of seeing Guns n’ Roses at the same venue). The rain bucketed down on both occasions - not ideal in an open-to-the-air venue!

I remember now

Springsteen at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975 second concert

He did a version of Manfred Man’s “Pretty Flamingo”

Very special it was- he had a type of beanie on

This remaster sounding stunning

10 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet, on sacd.

24 Likes

Sounding great at very low level.

G

23 Likes

I hoped Santa would bring the Jaimie Branch, he did, I’m happy :+1: I think Kevster recommended this months ago. I’ve been streaming since then and wanted (but never got round to) the vinyl (until now).

8 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl…Enchanting Bach… 3 Concerti

9 Likes

naim Sampler 4 Classical / 2001 naim / Austria CD / naimcd061

8 Likes

Caro Emerald - Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor - CD

9 Likes