What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Vinyl copy only been here a couple of weeks but just keep playing.

IMG_0896

8 Likes

Yet another classic from 44 years ago… on a UK first press. Interesting how the critical establishment viewed the Numanoid as a bit of a joke back then…

16 Likes

:100::100::100::100::100:% agree.

Aside from my (still continuing) crush on Viv (met her,
she’s lovely) , The Slits are just top!

2 Likes

Enjoying the qobuz stream of Heavy Heavy by Young Fathers, an album my daughter gave me for Christmas but I’ve not had chance to play yet. She always surprises me with records I’ve not asked for which is just how I like it. Forces me to move with the times.

3 Likes

Regina Spektor, what we saw from the cheap seats. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nat “King” Cole - Welcome To The Club, on sacd, amazing sound quality from sessions that were recorded on three track tape, I believe.

9 Likes

1979 really was a quite extraordinary year for albums, wasn’t it? Here’s another classic from that year (UK first press vinyl):

23 Likes

Joy Divison - Unknown Pleasures - CD

Another from 1979, sorry @TheKevster if this was on your playlist, but another seminal record from that year

18 Likes

Thank You, It doesn’t get the recognition it deserves, in my opinion, fine collaboration with Elvis Costello.

Tina Live! On BBC2.

What a show. What a girl!

What a 69 year old at time of recording…

3 Likes

Tim Finns (ex Split Enz) solo album circa 89, unfortunately went unnoticed. Shame some wonderful tracks including Not Even Close.

8 Likes

Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division. The outstanding album of 1979 – for a change, here’s the 40th anniversary edition on red vinyl, with the iconic cover reversed out.

14 Likes

90125 from 1983. Forgot it was that old to be honest. The cassette was always on in my car back in the day. Posh Blaupunkt with Pioneer speakers in an old rust-bucket, you know the scene.

15 Likes

The Beatles White Album (remastered). Have to agree with @TheKevster it’s a wonderful mess from start to finish. IMO there’s not a bad track on the album.

16 Likes

That’s interesting, I didn’t know about that collaboration. However you are right, this album isn’t properly recognized, it’s unknown to many people too I suspect.

1 Like

3 Likes

Genesis Invisible Touch

14 Likes

Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, love for sale. :smiling_face:

9 Likes

Diana Ross, all the great hits. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - CD

17 Likes