What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Red Sky July - The Truth and the Lie

Don’t see these getting much mention on the forum and that’s a shame, brilliant harmonies and melodies.

5 Likes

Neil Young – Harvest Moon
CD|1992

24 Likes

Reckon this has got the last one licked as their best, but it’s in good company.

2 Likes

I have the first album - Texas + Alisha’s Attic if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Yup believe so, got all their albums and have a great sound to them, Shadowbirds got me into them and then the others followed.

Sway is brilliant close out on the album I’m listening to.

Kinda reminds me of another band I loved back in the day, Til Tuesday.

1 Like

Now playing…

John Martyn - Solid Air

John Martyn (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Neemoi Acquaye (Congas), Neemoi Speedy Aquaye (Congas), John Rabbit Bundrick (Clavinet, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano), Tony Coe (Saxophone), Sue Draheim (Autoharp, Mandolin, Violin), Tristan Fry (Vibraphone), John Martyn (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Dave Mattacks (Drums), Simon Nicol (Autoharp, Mandolin, Violin), Dave Pegg (Bass), Danny Thompson (Double Bass) and Richard Thompson (Autoharp, Mandolin, Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Saturday morning with John and his talented group of musicians working with him and they are sounding mighty sweet!

20 Likes

2 Likes

Now playing…

John Mellencamp featuring Carlene Carter - Clowns & Hillbillies

John Mellencamp (Guitar, Vocals), Carlene Carter (Vocals), Kenny Aronoff (Drums), Christie Brinkley (Vocals), Dane Clark (Drums, Vocals), John Gunnell (Bass, Vocals), Lily Jurkiewicz (Vocals), Madeleine Jurkiewicz (Vocals), Troye Kinnett (Harmonica, Keyboards, Vocals), Stan Lynch (Drums), Martina McBride (Vocals), Toby Myers (Bass), Izzy Stradlin (Guitar), Miriam Sturm (Violin, Vocals), Mike Wanchic (Guitar, Vocals), Andy York (Bass, Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with John, Carlene, and this talented group of musicians on this album released in 2017 and they are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Jerry Garcia Band – Pure Jerry: Bay Area 1978
2HDCD|2009

9 Likes

Alela Diane, cusp. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Bill Charlap Trio All through the night / 1998 Criss Cross / Netherlands CD / 1153CD

7 Likes

Currently streaming this, my first listen in nearly 40 years. I bought the album when it came out but it has long since vanished. At the time I thought it was just a derivative knock off of what others had done but with the perspective of a further 40 years, it turns out it’s actually pretty good!

12 Likes

Now playing…

Tom Petty - Wildflowers

Tom Petty (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Vocals), Mike Campbell (Bass, Coral Sitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harpsichord, Slide Guitar), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Howie Epstein (Bass, Bass Guitar, Vocals), Steve Ferrone (Drums), Brandon Fields|Saxophone), Gary Herbig Saxophone), Jim Horn (Saxophone), Kim Hutchcroft (Saxophone), Phil Jones (Percussion), John Pierce (Bass), Marty Rifkin (Guitar , Pedal Steel), Ringo Starr (Drums), Benmont Tench (Harmonium, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Electric Piano, Grand Piano, Tack Piano) and Carl Wilson (Vocals)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on through the noon hour with Tom and his wonderful ‘Wildflowers’ album! …Tom and his large group of talented musicians are sounding sublime! …one very fine album.

17 Likes

Ryan Adams covering Dylans Blood on the Tracks album

6 Likes

SKWL500

2 Likes

Stereolab - Dots and Loops - 1997

Almost 60’s Pentangle mellowness to some of the tracks on this album, quite surpring actually.

7 Likes

Spice Girls, Spice. :relaxed:

4 Likes

One of my all time favourite albums……on original 1978 vinyl.

17 Likes

51E-DLm-VyL.AC
Dr. John - In A Sentimental Mood, an album of standards.

14 Likes

Really? In that case, I must investigate.