What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Handel, Water Music, Sir Charles Mackerras, Orchestra of St. Luke’s, 1991

9 Likes

51TXQxO3wPL.AC
Paul Carrack - A Different Hat.

6 Likes

We are off to see them in May. Saw them in about 87 or 88. Not my usual thing but thought they were great.

1 Like

folder

7 Likes

folder

13 Likes

@Gazza - I’ll do you a swap for this live gem - my introduction to Christy and no looking back…

Repeated plays of this fine album inspired me to seek out tickets to his St David’s Hall performance (with Declan) a few years back now. Magical intimate atmosphere and impressed by the hugely dedicated, well informed and loyal fan base. An opportunity to witness such a great Celtic acoustic performance - great privilege and pleased I made the effort to attend. Fabulous folk artist. :ok_hand::pray:

Very ‘clean’ and nicely recorded live album - highly recommended listen.
Sublime
Qobuz/Roon 44.1/16

10 Likes

New 180 g vinyl:

The only gripe is this vinyl collection doesn’t have the searing version of Steamroller Blues that appears on the CD or the condensed vinyl version. But it is an excellent live album with JT in fine voice and with a great band.

9 Likes

Fantastic, thanks for the link too!

1 Like

So that’s where Joe Jackson got his album cover design! Have listened to this for 40 years and had no clue :joy:

Original added for clarification…

17 Likes

Will do.

1 Like

Public Service Broadcasting, spitfire. :relaxed:

9 Likes

John Lee Hooker

Burnin’ (Expanded Edition)

Edward

13 Likes

Mike Oldfield, five miles out. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Sunday all over the World - Kneeling at the Shrine

King Crimson fronted by Toyah from 1991

Could be a great lost King Crimson album. Fripp is brilliant on this album and Toyah gives it her best Kate Bush vocals.

5 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Trilogy / 2015 Sony Music / UK CD x 2 + DVDA / 88875004902

15 Likes

‘Ram’ - Paul and Linda McCartney

The track ‘Back Seat of my Car’ is one of McCartney’s best, which is high praise indeed. Wonderful to hear it in its early form on the ‘Get Back’ DVD.

15 Likes

Booker T. & The MG’s

Green Onions (60th Anniversary Remaster)

Edward

15 Likes

Some nice stuff being played by folks this morning.
I’ve gone with this whilst getting up and getting going today…

Very motivating😊

12 Likes

This was released yesterday. Has an African inspired vibes on the opener. Enjoying a lot

2 Likes

Art Blakey A Night At Birdland Vol 1 / 2001 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353214623

Lou Donaldson Alto Saxophone
Clifford Brown Trumpet
Curly Russell Bass
Horace Silver Piano
Art Blakey Drums

15 Likes