What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Emily Remler - Catwalk

Emily’s fourth album as leader.

7 Likes

One of my all time favourites, actually play it more than the original …., sacrilege I know.

More recent follow up is decent too.

1 Like

This was my first (and probably favorite) Emily Remler album.

2 Likes

I feel a MA binge coming on Adam :sunglasses:

1 Like

Diana Krall, The girl in the other room.
SACD, very high quality

20 Likes

Now Playing…

Rhiannon Giddens - Freedom Highway

Rhiannon Giddens (Banjo, Handclapping, Vocals), Eric Adcock (Hammond B3, Wurlitzer), Patrick Bartley (Tenor Saxophone), Bhi Bhiman (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Desiree Champagne (Rubboard), Rowan Corbett (Percussion, Vocals). Jamie D-ick (Vocals, Drums, Percussion), Lalenja Harrington (Vocals), Alphonso Horne (Trumpet), Hubby Jenkins (Banjo, Vocals, Mandolin), Leyla McCalla (Cello, Vocals), Malcolm Parson (Cello), Amelia Powell (Vocals, Handclapping), Dirk Powell (Electric Bass, Bells, Fiddle, Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Piano, Vocals), Ina Powell (Handclapping), Sophie Powell (Vocals, Handclapping), Jason Number One Sypher (Bass, Vocals) and Corey Wilcox (Trombone).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with this February, 2017 album from Rhiannon, and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet! A lovely album to ease into the day…

11 Likes

23 Likes

Near Dusk. Through the cosmic fog.
The community is on top form today with recommendations. This is from @GraemeBC

5 Likes

Another recommendation from the forum. Had passed me by, so thanks to all. Perfect Sunday afternoon listening.

16 Likes

Bowie, Aladdin sane. US 1973 print

25 Likes

On CD:-

51S2hYiXhwL._AC_1

Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill

Black Sabbath - Vol 4

19 Likes

I think the first one I purchased was East to Wes after hearing her version of Softly as in a Morning Sunrise on Jazz FM in the early ‘90s. That’s probably my favourite of her albums. However, of all those on which she guested, I can strongly recommend this one:

Emily’s solos are sublime.

1 Like

It’s never wrong !

1 Like

Now playing…

Misha Alperin - Her First Dance

Misha Alperin (Piano), Anja Lechner (Cello) and Arkady Shilkloper (Flugelhorn, French Horn).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Sunday morning with the beautiful music from Misha, Anna and Arkady and they are sounding sublime! One beautiful album…

1 Like

Thanks, Clive - I will try to check it out!

CD player repaired so fancy some 90s jangly psych pop from the Glaswegian funsters Cosmic Rough Riders. Perfectly titled :sunglasses:.

8 Likes

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Roberta Flack - First Take (Qobuz HR)

What a remarkably fantastic debut album, its got it all going on Soul, Jazz, Folk, Gospel,Blues, some spiritual world vibes…
Unbelievable really that it took Clint Eastwood’s Play Misty For Me a few years later for this album to get noticed.
Enjoying the Qobuz 24/192 stream

:heart:

17 Likes

Quincy Jones - Gula Matari (Qobuz)

1970 Creed Taylor Quincy Jones Big Band album kicking out some fine grooves aided and abetted by,

Milt Jackson vibes, Don Elliott marimba, Hubert Laws flute, Jerome Richardson soprano sax, Freddie Hubbard trumpet, Al Grey trombone, Eric Gale guitar. Strong keyboard playing from Herbie Hancock and Bob James, some guitar and a bit of bonkers scatting and whistling from Toots Thielman and a touch of soul singing with Valerie Simpson

Its a gas!

:heart:

14 Likes