What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Watching the movie thru the system now so I reckon this counts!

24 Likes

The original Ghost (from Japan - not the latterday Swedish name-stealers). Heavy noise and experimental outfit. Shame they’re no longer around (broke up in 2014 after some 30 years.)

Ghost Live In Providence 2006
Great stuff.

2 Likes

Oh my darling, oh my darling, oh my daaarrrrling Clémentine.

I’m a simple soul at times.

4 Likes

Carmen Gomes Inc, Ray! :smiling_face:

7 Likes

@davidng

Just had a bit of a panic as I’d purchased this album and Pirates from Qobuz.

Pirates is no longer available to purchase nor is Wanderers which I’d not purchased. Odd.

Went to my purchases in Qobuz and couldn’t download any old purchases :scream_cat:

Fortunately logging out and back in solved that but what a reminder to download things, multiple times!

1 Like

Crikey, what a sad coincidence:

1 Like

From one excellent guitarist to another

Paul Kossoff - Back Street Crawler.

8 Likes

Has the cat been at the outer cover?

Once left the back door of a flat open and some moggie came in and used the lower shelf of a vinyl rack as a scratchpad :man_facepalming: :person_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :scream_cat:

I have that LP somewhere!

1 Like

Tragic.

…but everyone calls me Georgio… Magic.

20 Likes

Omg, once purchased I would hope one can download as long as it is still in their repository. It’s a crime! Sorry to hear. Take care and have a good weekend.

1 Like

Katherine Jenkins, from the heart. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I asked a few weeks ago if anyone had ever lost the ability to redownload purchases from Qobuz (one of their huge benefits).

I lost the ability to do so with many Apple Music/iTunes purchases as well as ones from 7 Digital over the years.

I probably have them all downloaded somewhere but to date I’ve not knowingly seen this with Qobuz, but presumably once the rights holder removes something from the ‘store’ for purchase it might no longer be available to download so really important to save purchases and keep backups. Some of the annoying ones with iTunes were ones where you could only redownload 80% of tracks with some missing or ones I had saved were m4p with DRM.

1 Like

This is definitely one of those albums that takes me back, particularly You Wear it Well. Rod Stewart’s Never a Dull Moment

29 Likes

The Stones Some Girls

23 Likes

Leo Sayer Just a Boy

10 Likes

I need to try this again. On my first listen I was thinking it was just a bit more of the same, although as always loved the Harrison drumming. In the meantime I am now playing and very much enjoying the PT’s Bruce Soord and Jonas Renkse album Wisdom of Crowds. I would think this down your street and recommended if you don’t know it.

2 Likes

It continues, just ordered the vinyl as I can’t buy it on Qobuz.

1 Like

Shifting continents Ry Coder Get Rhythm

19 Likes

Taj Mahal Mo’ Roots

14 Likes