What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On the cusp of a new year (happy New Year to our members in NZ!), a new and refreshed “what are you listening to” thread.

Madness - Absolutely, on original vinyl.

Oh how we all wanted to be a part of this “gang” when I was a young boy, but the closest I got was to get a secondhand overcoat like you see them wearing on the cover here. This album (and Lee Thompson’s Sax playing on the sublime track, Overdone) did inspire me to take up the Saxophone though. Playing this album takes me straight back to 1980/81.

46 Likes

I’d give you a like but apparently I’ve run out. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’ll give you one of mine… happy new year Pete.

4 Likes

2023 Craft Recordings ‘Acoustic Sounds Series’ vinyl release, sublime… :grin: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:t3:

14 Likes

And to you and your family. Is your daughter still in Melbourne?

On the tube heading to West London to watch Fulham FC v The Gooners.

Listening to this…

9 Likes

Brain Eno - Apollo Atmospheres - CD Extended

Another from 1983 inspired by the NASA Apollo missions from 1969 and 1972

25 Likes

This is so infectious, in a good way. An album featuring the Brazilian diaspora that recorded in 1970s US. It has wonderful Bossa Nova/Latin rhythm.

9 Likes

New to me - an Irish folk band called Dallahan that Cerys has just played on 6Music. Really, really good - have a listen to the track called ‘Beaton’s’

3 Likes

And now she has just played the track ‘Toss the Feathers’ from this by Martin Hayes - also brilliant

10 Likes

After ‘The Cars’ and ‘Candy-O’ this is a close run favourite. Still sounds fresh today.

G

13 Likes

The cars first two albums are brilliant, and its hard to believe nearly 45 years old, I remember buying the singles as picture discs when first released, happy times.

3 Likes

I downloaded an App called Radio Garden

Spin the planet around. Zoom in. Tap on a green dot that represents a iRadio station to play.

12 Likes

One of the discs omitted in my naim collection post - which was in the thread yesterday for last year - though at this point in time today… it is still last year and this thread is for next year!!!

John Moulder + Ken Hall Spirit Talk / 2003 naim / Austria CD / naimcd071

7 Likes

Caroline Polachek; Desire, I Want To Turn Into You; 2023.

Waiting for the new year 2024 with confidence…

15 Likes

Starting our afternoon with a bit of Norah Jones whilst Mrs Q begins the removal of Christmas.

Ornaments, tinsel and soft stuff today.
Christmas Trees tomorrow.
Seems a bit strange putting a first entry in a 2024 thread in the last dwindling hours of 2023

23 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut - CD

28 Likes

Agreed, it’s several hours too early, however Richard is well overdue some free time and he is allowed to make one mistake a year so it might as well be today! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

On CD:-

51LDfQSHKmL._AC_1

Chick Corea and Return To Forever - Light As A Feather

11 Likes

In the spirit of giving anything a go I’ve tried some Taylor Swift but just found it rather repetitive/formulaic. Not for me.

11 Likes