What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

Giving the latest release from Joe Bonamassa, Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham & Derek Sherinian, collectively known as Black Country Communion.
Released last month and a first listen for me.

Black Country Communion - V

3 Likes

Lightnin’ Hopkins, Brownie Mc Ghee, Sonny Terry & Big Joe Williams - Penitentiary Blues.

Some excellent Blues before an Excellent day of Sport ahead I’ll be cheering on Spainin the Wimbledon men’s final and against them tonight.

7 Likes

This came out rather quietly on Friday - a new album by Jake Xerxes Fussell. It’s rather good

9 Likes

John Lee Hooker - The Country Blues of…

Craft reissue of this excellent Riverside release.

12 Likes

Robert Plant - Lullaby And The Ceaseless Roar - CD (2014)

19 Likes

Sounding fabulous on CD
Cafe Del Mar - Aria

4 Likes

Simon Rattle conducting Mahler Symphony No. 3 City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
th-1998117590
My wife is out at a work leaving garden party, so this is an opportunity to play Mahler and a reminder of happy days for music and the arts in Birmingham. May they come again!

12 Likes

The Who - Tommy - CD (1969)

18 Likes

On original Fetish Records vinyl, a real banger from early '82!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Double ‘fatboy’ CD. Along with Louis Armstrong’s Hot Fives and Sevens from the previous decade, could these be the most important recordings of the 20th century?

19 Likes

Having seen numerous mentions in here over the past few days, thought I’d give it a go. I wasn’t expecting what came out of my speakers 8) Thanks for posting it, never come across them before. Only trouble is the doors are open and I’m sure the neighbours wanted a quiet one :wink:

1 Like

The Who - Who Are You - CD (1978)

15 Likes

Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night. Qobuz.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 1

Chris Stapleton (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar) Morgane Hayes-Stapleton (vocals, tambourine), Dave Cobb (acoustic guitar, percussion), J.T. Cure (bass guitar, upright bass), Derek Mixon (drums, percussion), Mickey Raphael (harmonica), Robby Turner (pedal steel guitar) and Michael Webb (organ, piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after a bit of a sleep in this morning I am kicking off the day with Chris Stapleton with his wife Morgane and a talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! Have not had this album for awhile and it is one sweet album…

13 Likes

Recorded at the LA Forum on 21/06/77, this famopus boot (at least in part recorded by the late Mike Millard) has been rebooted, remastered and reissued many times. This version was issued in 2022 and is from Japan. The half-hour version of “No Quarter” is a stunner.

12 Likes

By the mid-70s, The Meters, who had risen to prominence as Allen Toussaint’s backing band, were stretching out their grooves. Rejuvenation, their fifth album, marks the point when the New Orleans four-piece became simply unassailable as a tight funk unit. Their dense, repetitive sound, which placed the rhythm section at its very centre, had earned them a mighty reputation. Mick Jagger, no less, was to say that they were “the best motherf****** band in the world”. So although there is material here with the brevity and snap of their legendary early hit, Cissy Strut, Rejuvenation represents a febrile merger of funk and swamp rock.

11 Likes

Sadly, the gods didn’t read the notice on the back of the chair.

5 Likes

A CD inherited from the MIL. It’s very nice.

10 Likes