What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2 Likes

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues

45 years ago today 17/07/79, Gary Moore left Thin Lizzy, during a US tour and was replaced by ex Slick & Rich Kids guitarist Midge Ure.

20 Likes

Thanks ! I know GENESIS Played Birmingham NEC several times in December 1981, September 1982, February 1984, February 1998. Thanks for your memories !

1 Like

I love this album too ! “Darlene” would have been a nice addition to Led Zeppelin set list in 1980 and later…

2 Likes

I have seen a show played in Milan - Parco Acquatica 10 June 1995 (a lot of rain and mud but and amazing show) “Since I’ve Been Loving You” (my all time LED ZEPPELIN favourite song) still in my eyes as I was quite near the stage ! Wow !

1 Like

Forgive my curiosity but did you saw some of these nads during the Seventies ? Such BAD COMAPNY, BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE, FREE, GENESIS, GENTLE GIANT, LED ZEPPELIN, LYNYRD SKYNRD, RAINBOW, WHITSNAKE, YES. Thanks for your memories

1 Like

Starting with Amarok: Hope this morning.
I’m new to this group and really enjoy this album.

6 Likes

Very nice enchanting and relaxing Mozart before leaving for work

9 Likes

Following Amarok with Opeth and Pale Communion.
I think my musical path seems fairly clear today.

I don’t need a Crystal Ball to divine that there is some Dream Theater and Rush in my immediate future :wink:

7 Likes

My powers of Divination seem to be no longer in question😉

Dream Theater: Octavarium
Also gone to Vinyl on the LP12 for the first time this week and sounding bloody fanatastic😊

8 Likes

Second single off his up and coming album. One of my favourite US singer songwqriters, married to Kris Delmhorst another brilliant singer songwriter.

3 Likes

One of my favourite singers since I was a teen, the great Dionne Warwick. Her 60’s songs with Burt Bacharach remain a benchmark.

Here I Am
Scepter Records (US)
Mono 1965.

11 Likes

Guilty pleasure time! Gutted i’ve missed out on winning a Saab by 44 years, although I wasn’t old enough to drive anyway :rofl:

14 Likes

IMG_1967

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

Released in October 1974. Was it really so long ago? No wonder I couldn’t afford to buy it then. I see that Dan Steel is playing the 40th anniversary 3LP set this morning, so thought I’d join him. The memories this music holds are more than the music itself. A marvellous album.

30 Likes

I was listening to ABBA yesterday AM, you’ve got to applaud their quality even if it’s not your usual listening preference.
It was all pop for me yesterday, although I didn’t post any of it🫣

5 Likes

John Lennon - Mind Games

14 Likes

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

23 Likes

k.d.lang - 1995 - All You Can Eat - Label - Warner Bros - OG Vinyl.

All You Can Eat is k.d’s third studio album.

10 Likes

Night Reign | Arooj Aftab

The singer and composer’s wondrous fourth album deepens the sound of her boundless folk-jazz style. Its gestures are bold, romantic, and often unforgettable.

7 Likes

After the , ahem …, ABBA, i’ve been musing on what a haunting album Diamond Mine is that I played last night.
The King’s wonderful Fife voice, Jon Hopkins adding so much and the field recordings much like the mighty Biosphere.
So, it’s on again …

9 Likes