What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I’ve had this 4-LP set for a while and haven’t got round to playing it. So here goes!

12 Likes

A fair few 24 bit radio channels seem to have arrived now? Some good stuff to boot.

4 Likes

Damien Rice – O
CD|2003

Saw this posted in the last few weeks, reminding me I hadn’t listened to it in a while. Enjoyable album.

17 Likes

16 Likes

Tinariwen - Elwan

10 Likes

Meat Loaf

Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell…

Edward

9 Likes

Boards Of Canada - Tomorrow’s Harvest - 2013

Second disc getting a regular spin …

12 Likes

John Lennon - Mind Games Uncut Sampler, still enjoying this generous freebie, plus it’s easier to access “I’m The Greatest” normally, instead of fannying about, playing it as a hidden track on the new official release.

10 Likes

Some classic early Tull
Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallary

16 Likes

Floyd - Meddle - '71

26 Likes

I’m the Greatest is listed in Uncut as from the Ultimate Mixes - I download these mixes where is it hidden? Thanks

1 Like

1st going to listen to it in full

9 Likes

Back to Mary Halvorson’s rather beautiful
Cloudward
Nonesuch 2024

8 Likes

Margo Price – Midwest Farmer’s Daughter
CD|2016

9 Likes

Hi Andy, its hidden within the “Mind Games” track itself on the Ultimate Mix cd which is Disc 1 on all the physical formats. I don’t know about the downloads. It’s a right faff, you play the “Mind Games” track and then manually rewind until you try to find the beginning of “I’m The Greatest” song. But apparently it has been authored ( is that the right term?) incorrectly and is missing the first few seconds of the song. Plus if you rewind too quickly and too far you are returned to the beginning of “Mind Games” by default. So much for mind games!

3 Likes

Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley

From 1970 Rod is on top form and whilst he only writes 3 songs on the album (which is more than he can manage nowadays) he does include some great covers and he was on duty in the Faces as well.

The Faces are here on the album along with Jeff Beck Group drummer Mickey Waller and the unsung hero in Rod’s career Martin Quittenton.

Don’t bother with the Hi Res - the 16 bit is just as good and the new cover art is absolute rubbish compared to the original here:

18 Likes

Thank’s just paused Rod and checked the Mind Games title track - the hidden track is not there so the download doesn’t include I’m The Greatest.

1 Like

Loving on CD :two_hearts: :smile_cat:
Ry Cooder - Manuel Galban Mambo Sinuendo

14 Likes

Oh, that’s a shame. They have also “hidden” the original single version of “Meat City”. Except it’s not, it is the new Ultimate Mix version with the original backwards message inserted. The original single b-side is more far cacophonous.

1 Like

Fairport Convention - Unhalfbricking

15 Likes