What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Last one this afternoon, as we’re off to Cambridge for dinner then the Theatre.
Wishbone Ash: Pilgrimage

Their 2nd album and the first to showcase there creative brilliance :blush:

13 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge - CD (1994)

30 years old today! released 19/07/94

15 Likes

Joe Bonamassa

Driving Towards The Daylight

Edward

9 Likes

I tend to have my headphones on at work for both enjoyment and closing off the open office environment. It’s generally simpler stuff as background noise, because interesting music grabs my focus away.

And music works well to unwind in the evening, so I absolutely get where you’re coming from!

4 Likes

New Childish Gambino just dropped…

4 Likes

I managed to pick up a new copy of the Woodstock 50th Anniversary 38 CD set which was supposed to be sold out five years ago. Currently on CD23 The Who.

8 Likes

Loving their latest release South Of Here, but this is just as good

Nathaniel Rateliff And The Night Sweats - The Future

4 Likes

That got a pretty bad review in today’s Guardian. Your ‘background music’ description seems to sum it up.

1 Like

16 Likes

Róisín Murphy Róisín Machine / 2020 Skint / UK CD / BRASSIC120CD

6 Likes

Joe Bonamassa

Different Shades of Blue

Edward

9 Likes

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Stream via Tidal Max

One of the best „Indie“ Albums and of the best ones in this century. Originally released in 2004 it still sounds fresh. Of course it was style-defining.

Killer song here is „Wake Up“, great lyrics and something like a hymn. It is also on the „Mitty“ soundtrack, best movie with Ben Stiller. :+1:

15 Likes

Did you know that the couple on the cover of the original album got married in 1971, and were together until the wife died in March last year?

It’s a beautiful and inspiring love story (for this old softie at least).

3 Likes

Los Lobos – Native Sons
CD|2021

10 Likes

There’s a couple of books with the set that have some wonderful stories like that.

1 Like

Daniel Harding, The Planets. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

21 Likes

The Black Keys – Delta Kream
CD|2021

16 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

From 1971 their second album is prog rock at its best particularly side 1.

This was one of those albums I would see when leafing through albums in a record shop back in the mid 70’s and thinking what is that all about.

But on 50p a week wages from my paper round I had be frugal in my album purchases.

IMG_9224

17 Likes

Gary Moore

Wild Frontier

Edward

12 Likes