What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Heavenly 2020 reissue

8 Likes

Bonnie still hitting it out of the park at 71. Just like that.

G

14 Likes

Young’s second solo album. For lovers of great country music or just singers with great voices. An album I’ve wanted for some years. Picked up in a batch of 5 LP’s for £20 on holiday. Vinyl doesn’t need to be expensive and is always great fun.

6 Likes

Thomas Hampson - Les Yeux clos - Massenet

Introduced to this by a Qobuz playlist of French Classical music.

This melancholy song is about looking back on a love affair that may be over. Perhaps the fire is over but the memories are not.

Thomas Hampson is an acclaimed American baritone.

Another on the playlist and also on this album is “ Si vous n’avez rien à me dire” words by Victor Hugo and set by Camille Saint Saens.

The words are probably about unrequited love, which was a frequent topic for Saint Saens!

Francoise Hardy also recorded it, but I really like Thomas Hampson’.

Phil

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard Goin’ Up / 2018 Blue Note / Japan SHM CD / UCCQ3011

Freddie Hubbard Trumpet
Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
McCoy Tyner Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

Second spin of this new addition to the collection, a cool soundtrack for todays TdF!

10 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Lovely compilation of Cody’s Warner Bros albums on Edsel. What a live act they must have been. Kirchen I believe has a reputation to compare with Roy Buchanan for his telecaster work. Vinyl.

5 Likes

Timeless ‘Time Out’. Wonderful musicianship and a stellar recording. Played 24bit from Qobuz, which I find myself favouring over my NAS these days.

G

24 Likes

13 Likes

Fourplay Silver / 2015 Heads Up / EU CD / HUI3668802

Bob James Keyboards
Chuck Loeb Guitar
Larry Carlton Guitar
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

8 Likes

Peter Gabriel’s 2nd solo album from 1978

21 Likes

A genuinely 5 star album imo. The Clash first brought Ely to my attention & I’m glad they did. His Live Shots album is one of the great live albums I think. This is equally terrific for me. Vinyl.

4 Likes

8 Likes

On LP.

2 Likes

Mott The Hoople - Mott - CD (1973)

12 Likes

5 Likes

Tim McGraw - Set This Circus Down

3 Likes

Maggie Rogers – Surrender
CD|2022

indie pop

4 Likes

A masterpiece

“Wild Bunch Records” counterfeit version. Had it when legally sold on discogs. Now i wonder how they press a vinyl record with labels, cover etc and have a gain…
Legal mysteries…?

16 Likes