What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sound quality on this is outstanding imo. It’s also one of his solo best I think. Uniti Core.

17 Likes

1 Like

Ultimately surf music is one of the quintessential American rock ’n’ roll sounds, and its footprint continues to thrive today, informing countless reverb-doused indie-rock and post-rock acts. And while the ongoing surf-rock revival hasn’t really spiked since the mid-1990s, combos like Los Straitjackets, the Mermen and Man or Astro-man? continue to honor and expand the music.

3 Likes

Santana - Marathon, the musical direction may be miles away from say Caravanserai, but is still enjoyable as part of the overall catalogue.

11 Likes

Gary Numan - Here in the Black (Live at Hollywood Forever Cemetery)

7 Likes

A bit more surf…

The sound is never cluttered, with guitars and keyboards weaving around each other while leaving room for the music to breathe. Those who missed this gifted combo the first time around have a terrific sampler here, especially if the original discs never come back in print. It may not be all you will ever need from one of the finest and least heralded contemporary vocal-less bands, but this is a perfect summation of a group that had the chops, the creativity, and the tunes to be far more popular than it was.

2 Likes

A great double CD compilation of John Martyn’s years on Island Records
John Martyn - Sweet Little Mysteries - The Island Anthology

20 Likes

Bit of Fat Betty tonight…

6 Likes

The Red Clay Strays – Made By These Moments
CD|2024

Southern rock. First listen. Enjoying so far.

4 Likes

19 Likes

It took a week or so to get this album. Played it often enough to import this remastered version. Great sound and album, thx @AndyP

12 Likes

John McLaughlin Extrapolation with the brilliant John Surman (not forgetting Tony Oxley) - he’s done so much since but still this remains my fave - punchy, concise, swinging and of course top notch playing. Polydor vinyl.

11 Likes

Continuing with Jacob

2 Likes

Piano jazz but well done. Perfect for a sunny evening.

1 Like

The sublime Aretha.

12 Likes

Something about the sound of this recording makes me think I’m going deaf.

Jack Bruce - Bill Lordan - RobinTrower
BLT - 1981

6 Likes

Enya - Watermark - CD (1988)

19 Likes

Badfinger - Magic Christian Music.

8 Likes

Letting RP do the selections this eve.

9 Likes