What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

HDCD - Rhino 2001 : )

Jerry Garcia – guitar, vocals
Bob Weir – guitar, vocals
Ron “Pigpen” McKernan – organ, percussion
Tom Constanten – keyboards
Phil Lesh – bass, vocals
Bill Kreutzmann – drums, percussion
Mickey Hart – drums, percussion

Cover-art design - Rick Griffin who died on this day in 1991

Aoxomoxoa is a 1969 album by the Grateful Dead. One of the first rock albums to be recorded using 16-track technology, fans and critics alike consider this era to be the band’s experimental apex. The title is a meaningless palindrome, usually pronounced “ox-oh-mox-oh-ah”.

Richard Alden " Rick " Griffin [1944 – 1991] was an American artist and one of the leading designers of psychedelic posters in the 1960s. As a contributor to the underground comix movement, his work appeared regularly in Zap Comix . Griffin was closely identified with the Grateful Dead, designing some of their best-known posters and album covers such as Aoxomoxoa. His work within the surfing subculture included both film posters and his comic strip, Murphy

Rick Griffin died shortly after a motorcycle accident on August 15, 1991, in Petaluma, California. He was thrown from his Harley-Davidson motorcycle when he collided with a van that suddenly turned left as he attempted to pass it. He was not wearing a helmet and sustained major head injuries. He died three days later, on August 18, in nearby Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, at the age of 47.

13 Likes

Radiohead - The Bends - CD (1995)

Joining @crispyduck with some Radiohead

19 Likes

It is very good

1 Like

China Crisis. Debut album. 1982. I have a soft spot for these guys. They did some good stuff.

10 Likes

Enjoying on CD as the Sunday roast cooks with A nice glass of red wine :wine_glass:
Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Sessions

15 Likes

On CD:
81WdZP5pqOL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Jools Holland - Sunset Over London

4 Likes

There’s a Fire on the Mountain!

10 Likes

Downloaded yesterday - 1st run

7 Likes

The album that really broke INXS to a worldwide audience

INXS - Kick

Sounding as good as it did the first time I heard it, don’t you just love a bit of vinyl

18 Likes

Ocean Colour Scene - Moseley Shoals - CD (1996)

9 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue, there’s half a decent album here.

14 Likes

Radiohead - In Rainbows
Via Tidal stream 16/44.1

Thanks to @Cmax and @crispyduck

As you are streaming my other two favorite RH albums I am just enjoying this one. Maybe it is their most demanding one, also one without THE big song(s). Sometimes experimental (15 steps) sometimes Thom’s pure voice (Nude), it is d!?n good and the SQ is just excellent. Life is too short to not listen to Radiohead.

26 Likes

China Crisis. 1985.

Probably their best album. Walter Becker producing and playing. Strong songs imho.

15 Likes

I listened to that album as well - stunning. My favourites are Bodysnatchers and Jigsaw Falling Into Place. Enjoy!

3 Likes

It’s not quite Pressure Drop but it’s still a really enjoyable album. What a great voice. Vinyl.

10 Likes

Oh yes :+1: This is an album that is getting better and better the more often you listen to it. After every listening session I have a new favorite song. Something like a chameleon :wink:
Today it is „Reckoner“

3 Likes

The Revolutionaries in fine style! Some essential roots cuts on this album. Productions from Bunny Lee, Tappa Zukie and Niney!

6 Likes

Red House Painters, beautiful pools of music, not the album title, just the feel.

2 Likes

Only caught them live once. Absolutely outstanding. Uniti Core.

16 Likes

Sunday evening Mingus - well Joni’s difficult 10th studio album with a star-studded jazz muso band celebrating the big man. Singer songwriter meets free(ish) jazz. Bold and captivating. German Asylum vinyl.

15 Likes