What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Anita Baker - Rapture

Favourite of her albums for me.

11 Likes

Symphony 3/Mahler/Bamberger Symphony Orchestra/Jonathan Nott (SACD).

9 Likes

Pure class. Looking forward to getting to know this better over the next few days.
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - Woodland Studios.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot Out The Lights - CD (1974)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Linda Thompson - 23/08/47

11 Likes

Cream Compilation CD. Apart from being very good they were a massive influence on other bands. Clearly a big influence on Free.

14 Likes

Summer’s fun, but been hither and yon for weeks now. Good to get settled in front of the system and check out the CDs that have been delivered in the interim. Ah yes. This.

8 Likes

Easing into the weekend.

G

22 Likes

What a wonderful album that is.

I’m loving Romance by Fontaines D.C., as per @Blackstar yesterday.

4 Likes

22 Likes

Two pieces, A Colour Symphony and the ballet score Adam Zero written by Arthur Bliss.

7 Likes

John Mayer Trio. Three seriously good musicians imho.

“It was recorded at the House of Blues, Chicago, Illinois and released by Columbia Records on November 22, 2005. The album was nominated for Best Rock Album at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.” WIKI.

12 Likes

Is this the same guy that’s in Dead & Co?

I’ll give it a go. Good to be back on here, always something interesting to listen to.

The Who - Who Are You - CD (1978)

In Memory of Keith Moon who would have been 78 today - 23/08/46 - 07/09/78

English drummer Keith Moon. With The Who he scored the 1965 UK No.2 single ‘My Generation’ plus over 20 other Top 40 hits, 1967 US No.9 single ‘I Can See For Miles’ and rock opera albums ‘Tommy’ & ‘Quadrophenia’. Moon was voted the second-greatest drummer in history by a Rolling Stone readers’ poll. Moon died on 7th September 1978 after taking 32 clomethiazole tablets.

21 Likes

22 Likes

Possibly my favourite of the classic Dan albums…today.

G

20 Likes

Ah! Good call. Need to fire up my near field system and, ahem, enhance my bandwidth a bit (as old Dread at the Controls would have said) and give that a close listen.

2 Likes

Just a mix of Steely Dan and some solo Donald Fagen tracks.
Sounding very nice this afternoon,

14 Likes

Now playing…

Marc Sinan - Fasil

Marc Sinan (Guitar) Yelena Kuljić (Vocals), Lena Thies (Viola), Julia Hülsmann (Piano) and Marc Muellbauer (Double-Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning home from coffee with friends and now settling in with a bowl of banana, blueberries, strawberries and yogurt and kicking of today with Marc, Julia, Yelena and Marc with their ECM release from 2009 and the opening track is sounding sublime!

5 Likes