What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Morrissey - Viva Hate
via Tidal stream

Released in 1988 this Album still sounds so fresh. Can remember when I bought the CD back then. I couldn’t stop listening to that iconic Album. I am not a big fan of this guy but this Album is just a masterpiece and I am pretty sure that it had a huge impact on british music from then on. And of course “Suedehead” was one of the best Pop songs in these times. Can´t believe that it it was 36 years ago

6 Likes

It may be 2024, but this one endures

Meer: Playing House from 2021 on Qobuz

Was listening to this bands new release (Meer: Wheels Within Wheels) yesterday. I’d never heard of them before, but @SimonDC flagged them yesterday and they are rather good.

3 Likes

‘A Day at the Races’ – Queen

Haven’t played this one in ages – and had forgotten some hidden gems within.

15 Likes

Eric Bibb brought it to St Mary’s Church in Rye, East Sussex last night. Awesome!

13 Likes

Started this morning with this mesmerizing album of Uriel Herman. Modern jazz with a flavor of middle eastern tones and sometimes a classical ambiance, highly recommended….

3 Likes

Afterwards continued with an earlier effort of Uriel, interesting as well, while less special as the one before.

1 Like

Now listening to the solo album of Marco the singer of Sylvan. The most emotional appealing voice in progressive rock.

1 Like

5 Likes

From the Tubby Hayes Complete Fontana LP box.

8 Likes

Gene Page - Hot City
Hispavox 1975

1 Like

Playing to honor Russell who passed away much too early on a Japan tour with Ron Carter yesterday…

9 Likes

La Serenissima, Vivaldi x2. Sorry I don’t know how to type the square of 2. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Had a listen to the first 3 songs released from Beth Hart’s new album that’s out in October.

Now moved on to a rare greatest hits indulgence, this one from Boston.

9 Likes

Chloe Chua, Butterfly Lovers & Paganini. Amazing butterfly lovers were composed by students, He Zhanhao & Chen Gang, while they were studying at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Rumer, Nashville Tears. :smiling_face:

11 Likes
4 Likes

Steve Cropper, Pop Staples and Albert Collins - Jammed Together

6 Likes

Herbie Mann - Push Push. With Duane Allman on one track. Great album, terrible cover.

9 Likes

Albert King - The Blues Don’t Change
Probably contains the best version of Oh Pretty Woman - at least for my ears.

10 Likes