What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

First Aid Kit - Palomino - CD (2022)

16 Likes

The Jeff Healey Band - Roadhouse the Lost Soundtrack

11 Likes

Now Playing…

Lizz Wright - Shadow

Lizz Wright (Vocals), Angelique Kidjo (Vocals), Meshell Ndegeocello (Bass), Brandee Younger (Harp), Trina Basu (Violin), Arun Ramamurthy (Violin) and Chicago-based String players.

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… sitting down with a bowl of blueberries, banana and yogurt and taking Lizz’s recent release, April 2024, and she and her talented group of musicians supporting her are sounding sublime! One beautiful voice…

7 Likes

Harvey Mason Chameleon / 2014 Concord / US CD / CRE3411302

4 Likes

Bracing and contemplative. String Quartet’s by Shostakovich and Tippett.

Played by Duke String Quartet.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Yes - Keys to Ascension 2

I started playing this, adjusted the volume to an appropriate level and nearly jumped out of my skin when the bass notes hit me at the start of All Good People.

13 Likes

Now Playing…

Silje Nergaard - At First Light

Silje Nergaard (Vocals, Electric Piano), Till Brönner (Trumpet), Jan Allan (Trumpet), Peter Asplund (Trumpet), Georg Wadenius (Vocals), Thomas Strønen (Drums), Peter Asplund (Trumpet), Arve Henriksen (Trumpet), Nils Einar Vinjor (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar) and Erle Totland Nergaard (Vocals, Chimes).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… Continuing on this morning with this December 2000 release from Silje and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

9 Likes

LP - Blue Note 2023 reissue : )

Sonny Rollins - Newk’s Time

<< >>

Sonny Rollins – tenor saxophone
Wynton Kelly – piano
Doug Watkins – bass
Philly Joe Jones – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey on 22nd September 1957

~ << :saxophone: >> ~

12 Likes

Jacqueline Du Pre - The Great Concertos: Elgar, Dvorak, Saint-Saens , Haydn

11 Likes

I had this on today. The pre-war style songs and acoustic and electric guitars are very enjoyable.

Ry Cooder - Paradise & lunch

Ry Cooder P&L

Also

Ry Cooder - Into The Purple Valley

21 Likes

A record that I have never played side 2 as I adore Side 1…maybe one day but not tonight
The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come

15 Likes

Worth a listen just to hear When The Night Comes Falling

1 Like

Andy Bloyce ~ The Soviet Space Dog | Physics Of Interstellar Space | 18th August 2024
First outing for this new one.

“The Soviet Space Dog Project is being manned by Andy Bloyce, a Londoner who has been listening to Klaus Schulze and Tangerine Dream for over 40 years.”

2 Likes

Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music - Street Life

20 Likes

Karen O & Danger Mouse – Lux Prima
CD|2019

Trip Hop, Art Rock. Karen O is from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

7 Likes

Paul Kossoff - Blue Soul, a compilation that encompasses his work with Free and various side projects and guest appearances.

7 Likes

Portishead’s second album from 1997
Portishead - Portishead

15 Likes

You are missing out! I highly rate side 2. First track side 2 is class!

2 Likes

23 Likes