What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lindsay Buckingham and Christine McVie. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

Imelda May, 11 past the hour. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

2019 from the boy Coxon, he may be legendary, but I’m not quite sure?

1 Like
  • the above is a great way to put anyone over 14 years old off, mmm.

Ren X Chinchilla, How To Be Me, Live.

Beautiful.

3 Likes

Good choice but interested in your player details as they only give the “additional” musicians to the core trio backing Silje which are, to me anyway, interestingly the early Tord Gustavsen Trio, Tord on piano, Harald Johnsen on accoustic bass and Jarle Vespestad on drums. Tord appears on a few Silje albums, highly recommended is the live album Live in Cologne and particularly the near 11 minute Be Still My Heart where the first half is excellent solo piano.

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. This is still my fav. Can’t help playing it after 11 past the hour. Ahem, it is actually 13 to the hour. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Shirley, you can’t be serious!

4 Likes

The mighty Cream on …

20 Likes

They are all great. Paint a Vulgar picture is absolute class

1 Like

Danielle Miraglia, bright shining star. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Exit | 1981

9 Likes

Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels

15 Likes

Steve I listened to Pergamon on YouTube at work on Tuesday
I was really impressed.I really liked the Tangs in the 1980 's and live Tangs Logos is a favourite and I saw them at Brighton Dome on that tour 1982 ?
They where really good excellent sound and understated lighting
Wishing you a good day mate
Cheers Ian

5 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl before work departure calls
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

9 Likes

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life - CD (1977)

Kicking off the day with a spin of Iggy’s ‘Lust For Life’ released 47 years ago today 29/08/77

18 Likes

‘Elwan’ - Tinariwen

On a glorious late summer morning.

9 Likes

Glad you enjoyed Pergamon, Ian. It was a very good gig by the sound of it. Tangerine dream were defined as much if not more so by their live appearances than their work in the studio. I think that you ‘may’ have got your dates crossed for that Brighton appearance but they were certainly there in 1976 and in 1986. This guide to all their gigs is a handy asset and work of love and dedication by some of their many acolytes. Have a great day. Cheers

https://www.voices-in-the-net.de/vitn_concerts.htm#1982

2 Likes

Roger Waters - Is This the Life We Really Want?

Only the second time I’ve managed to listen to this and this time I couldn’t be bothered to fire up the LP12 for it, hence listening on Qobuz. I find this difficult to listen to. Maybe it just needs more effort. I just don’t find it particularly musical.

15 Likes

Bob Dylan - Modern Times - CD (2006)

24 Likes