What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Excellent choice this album should be up there in the list of the greatest live rock albums of all time if it isn’t already

2 Likes

Good way to start of the day with ‘Start Me Up’ enjoy.

1 Like

Delayed Start (me up) with another Supertramp.

G

22 Likes

Lana Del Ray - Norman F**king Rockwell - CD (2019)

13 Likes

Its a superb live album
Just the start always gets me…Chicago will you welcome from England UFO
Then the riff of Natural Thing cranks up.
So many great tracks.
I love Love To Love and the keyboard sound and the way it builds
Iron Maiden always play Doctor Doctor on their P.A before coming on …enough said :smile:

4 Likes

On CD:-

Margo Cilker - Pohorylle

4 Likes

Underworld A Hundred Days Off / 2002 V2 Records / Japan Promo CD / V2CP140

Played for my daughter, who turned 30 recently.

You bring light in
To a dark place
Walking in light
Glowing walking in light
Gold ring around you
The hues of you
The golden sunlight of you

8 Likes

My NAS fast becoming redundant. This is superb in hires on Qobuz.

G

14 Likes

Still a classic

3 Likes

61lU0TUoLlL.AC

617YuvfuQRL.AC

William Bell - This Is Where I Live.

The first male solo singer ever to sign for Stax, he has had a long career with many familiar choons.

This album incudes a re-recording of “Born Under a Bad Sign”, written by William and recorded, most famously, by both Albert King and Cream.

Previously, a strong forum favourite, it’s there on Tidal, so do yourself a big favour, and have a listen.

12 Likes

The Beach Boys - Surfs Up - CD (1971)

Another classic released on the 30th Aug 1971, 53 years young.

14 Likes

XTC - Mummer - CD (1983)

Continuing playing albums released on this day 30th Aug, XTC’s Mummer, not one you see played often, and the first album to follow Andy Partridge’s mental breakdown, which led to XTC’s retirement from touring.

10 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Faces / 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD x 2 / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP 203612

12 Likes

Needs no introduction. I’m so familiar with this, but the NC 300 active is taking it to the next level.

G

25 Likes

On Vinyl:
81IycySjXKL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Rod Stewart - Never a Dull Moment

17 Likes

I’ve been after a decent vinyl copy of this classic Genesis album for a while and finally found one from those very nice people at Atlas Records

Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail

And sounding great on first press vinyl

23 Likes

Roger Waters - Amused to Death

Found a CD copy at a great price. Ripped to the Core and streamed through the ND555, it sounds way better than the 24/192 version on Qobuz!

16 Likes

There are a few versions of this on Qobuz, two of which are too drum and bass heavy. This one gets the mix right imho.

G

18 Likes

I played it on the way back from therapy this morning, and it was exactly what I needed. Thanks for the recommendation; it’s a fine album indeed.

3 Likes

James Gang. Funk 49. 1970. Such a great riff.

7 Likes