What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Great on hires Qobuz. A really ‘live’, you are there sound.

G

16 Likes

Let’s see what this is like… just dropped through the door.

David Gilmour: Luck and Strange

6 Likes

Paul Anka - Rock Swings

Bit of a lift, late morning.

1 Like

Antonio Forcione Acoustic Revenge / 2010 naim / Austria CD / naimcd017

10 Likes

Nala Sinephro. Qobuz album of the week. A sort of ambient jazz style. Nubya Garcia on sax too

1 Like

Beautiful warm sunny day here TC😉

2 Likes

David Gilmour: Luck & Strange
2nd listen, on the 282/300/NDX2 this time.
Can’t understand why only the 3 tracks that were released before the album are in 96/24 and the rest appear to be in CD 44.1…:man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

First impressions: his guitar is lovely, of course. It is very well recorded. I like the title track and “Scattered” a lot. But I think the songs mostly seem low on energy and invention. All rather meh and morose, but maybe it’ll improve with repeated listens. He really needs Roger Waters’ fire (his wife is no substitute), just as Waters needs DG’s instrumental prowess.

9 Likes

The Clash US late 70s issue with a different running order from the UK release.

This is a fantastic album.

18 Likes

Joe Sample The Hunter / 1986 MCA / Japan CD No OBI / 32XD410

Joe Sample Keyboards
Abraham Laboriel, Marcus Miller Bass
Bob Wilson, Steve Gadd Drums
David Spinozza, Dean Parks, Phil Upchurch Guitar
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Bill Reichenbach, Chuck Findley, D!ck Hyde, Ernie Watts, Jerry Hey, Larry Williams Horns

7 Likes

Automat - Plusminus

Leaving Berlin with fantastic electronic tracks. Something like Kraftwerk in a modern type. It is worth a listen if you like Dub/Underground

5 Likes

After a morning of chores, I wondered what to listen to and spied this CD peeping out from the racks. Ahmad Jamal - Blue Moon : The New York Session. The only album I have by this artist, but it’s a fine sounding one which, as someone who has only gently dipped his toes into the world of jazz, I find is quite accessible.

14 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Wait, “happy” and “Roger Waters” in the same sentence?

Shome mishtake, shurely.

3 Likes

Delicatessen: My Baby Just Cares For Me

2 Likes

Sounding very smooth and relaxing and so well recorded
Sade - Lovers Rock

14 Likes

We compared The Clash UK first (wife’s) and US first (mine)… the US was surprisingly better we thought, in terms of bass prescence and overall ‘solidity’. We’d expected the UK to be our preferred.

It’s possible the UK wasn’t as well looked after as my cosseted copy as she was bit of a tearaway in her younger self. We bought them on release, well before we met each other.

3 Likes

Well, that’s true, but it didn’t seem right or fair to say have a miserable day, you old git, when I wish everyone else a happy one. :grin:

4 Likes

11 Likes

Looks like Qobuz have fixed it, they’re all showing as 24/96 now

4 Likes