What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Deep Purple

Perfect Strangers

Edward

11 Likes

Chill out before dinner

Marian McPartland (p)
Chris Potter (s)
Gary Mazzaroppi (b)
Glenn Davis (d)

3 Likes

Heron Oblivion; self titled.
Listening to Espers and Meg Baird’s solo stuff earlier led me to this little folk/psych gem from 2016, wherein Meg’s vocals and drumming are wrapped around with some fine dark guitar work from Noel Von Harmondson and Charlie Saufley, with bass by Ethan Miller.

9 Likes

Saw this mentioned elsewhere and thought I’d give it a spin as I have the house to myself for a bit. Blimey! Sounds great. Must be years and many upgrades ago since I last listened to it.

21 Likes

Tony Levin is one of the most recorded musicians in recent history having played on over 500 albums for the likes of John Lennon, King Crimson, Paul Simon, David Bowie, Lou Reed and Peter Gabriel . Tony has found time in his busy schedule to release a new album of his own, titled Bringing It Down To The Bass.

Features a Murderer’s Row of guest musicians including Robert Fripp, Vinnie Colaiuta, Earl Slick, Mike Portnoy, Steve Gadd, Jerry Marotta, Gary Husband, L. Shankar, Pete Levin, Jeremy Stacey, David Torn, Pat Mastelotto, Larry Fast, Steve Hunter, Manu Katche, Alex Foster, Dominic Miller, Markus Reuter, Collin Gatwood, Chris Pasin, Jay Collins, Josh Shpak, Don Mikkelsen.

5 Likes

Dominique Fils-Aimé - Stay Tuned

6 Likes

Fine album that @Rigsby21, one of my favourites in 2016

2 Likes

Into the Mountain - Astrid Williamson …awaiting her new album later this year.

2 Likes

Wooden Shjips | Back To Land | 2013
Some psychedelic rock goodness to help ease away the cares of the day.

7 Likes

David Bowie - Reality - CD (2003)

18 Likes

Greatest hits type of fare.

3 Likes

Yello - Toy

17 Likes

Just timeless
John Coltrane - Bluetrain

22 Likes

My favourite recording of Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite with the bonus of a beautiful version of Le Tombeau de Couperin. Desert island stuff

8 Likes

Clannad,banba
Clannad-banba-cover

11 Likes

Fabulous album Steve
This track off it blew me away …Wow !

7 Likes

Heron Oblivion | Beneath Fields | 2016
Joining the love in. Sandy Denny would have done a fine job on that title track. Taking nothing away from Meg Baird btw!

9 Likes

Yep it’s one of those “great innit” instant gratifaction tracks that I’ve played a heck of alot and defines the album.

3 Likes

Paisley Underground Psychedelia from The Rain Parade from Los Angeles from 1984
Rain Parade - Explosions In The Glass Palace

5 Likes

McLaughlin seldom disappoints (me). Uniti Core.

5 Likes