What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour - CD (2009)

19 Likes

I bought this 54 years ago !!!

Excellent album.

3 Likes

The Stones | Black And Blue | 1976
Coming up to fifty in a hurry.

18 Likes

Now Playing…

Lady Blackbird - Slan Spirtuals

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… I placed this in the queue after seeing a few mentions and now taking out for its first spin. …and Lady Blackbird and the band are sounding mighty sweet on the opening track! Looking forward to the rest of the album.

6 Likes

3 Likes

UNFOLDING | Louis Sclavis, Benjamin Moussay

FEATURED ARTISTS

• Louis Sclavis Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
  • Benjamin Moussay Piano

In a programme of originals – two-thirds from the pianist’s pen, the remaining third by the clarinettist – the French duo dreams up a world of chamber conversations that juxtaposes lyrical contemplation with whimsical inventiveness in a joyous, concentrated collaboration. Thoughtfully, the duo envelopes delicate themes in warm improvisations that never rush, but patiently explore the written material with rare creativity and in fluid dialogues.

5 Likes

Curved Air | Air Conditioning | 1970
A much played album back in the day, good old stuff from another of those bands with very different, distinctive and individual sounds in that era.

15 Likes

CD1 of this Mosaic 10CD set - ‘The Atomic Mr Basie’.

7 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul - CD (2022)

Pressed the button and ordered the latest Lady Blackbird CD, thought I would give this listen again.

14 Likes

Prince - Sign O’ The Times

18 Likes

Eva Cassidy - Walkin’ After Midnight 2024

6 Likes

Enjoying on CD
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

19 Likes

Prince & The Revolution - Purple Rain

19 Likes

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go. 45rpm version.

Sublime.

15 Likes

Alan Parsons - Eye In The Sky - CD (1982)

12 Likes

Smokie - Changing All The Time

2 Likes

A double album compilation of artists on the legendary Blues label Chess Records
The Best Of Chess Blues

7 Likes

A fine piano trio - well played as well….

6 Likes

After a couple of listens i bought from Qobuz, sounding better from my Melco. I like this album.

8 Likes

Released in July, this is a lovely new album from Giovanni Guidi’s trio, with added sax from James Brandon Lewis. Very good indeed. I bought it from High Res Audio, which has 15% off everything until the end of the month.

5 Likes