What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

CD rip via Core. It’s a Holiday kind of morning…

6 Likes

Thanks Ian. I don’t stream (from outside sources or sites) I just play/stream my own music ripped to my library but I’ll look out for them on youtube and the like. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 Likes

Katatonia: Sky Void of Stars next.
I forgot to switch it to 45RPM again🙄

3 Likes

what a fabulous album! thank you both @HungryHalibut and @seakayaker.

1 Like

£5.50 from Amazon on @Rigsby21’s recommendation. Thank you. 1997.

Played it a few times now, it is very good. Ryan Adams has written loads of brilliant songs. I think there are some of his other albums which I will always prefer, “Love is Hell” and “Heartbreaker” for example but this is really good and still growing on me.

5 Likes

Been far to long since I played any Rush…

Rush: Moving Pictures
…and even longer since I played this particular album.

13 Likes

I’m so pleased you like it. It’s always good to find something new and different. So many posts in here are about records that everybody has heard many times before.

2 Likes

Catching up on episodes I missed whilst on holiday.

5 Likes

Still Corners - Dream Talk, missed this release from earlier in the year, lovely warmth to the songs.

2 Likes

Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac
The Frisco kids

9 Likes

London Grammar - The Greatest Love

First listen of their new album.

12 Likes

We were beginning to worry…:joy:

3 Likes

Why? I enjoy the emotional effects.

steve

2 Likes

The Who - Who’s Next - CD (1971)

The Who scored their first and only UK No.1 album with ‘Who’s Next’( the bands sixth LP release, featuring ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’. Cover artwork shows a photograph, taken at Easington Colliery, of the band apparently having just urinated on a large concrete piling. According to photographer Ethan Russell, most of the members were unable to urinate, so rainwater was tipped from an empty film canister to achieve the desired effect.

24 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd. Debut album 1973. All pictured are sadly deceased.

First proper gig I saw, great memories.

17 Likes

Now Playing…

Nils Økland Band - Lysning

Nils Økland (Hardanger Fiddle, Viola d’amore, Violin), Rolf-Erik Nystrøm (Alto Saxophone and Barytone saxophones), Sigbjørn Apeland (Harmonium), Håkon Mørch Stene (Percussion, Vibraphone, Electric Guitar) and Mats Eilertsen (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… After enjoying Nils ‘Glimmer’ album so much yesterday I decided to kick off this morning with his October 2017 release and Nils along with his talented quintet are sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Black Sabbath - Paranoid - CD (1970)

54 years young today :birthday:

17 Likes

On CD:-

Bruckner Symphony No.1 - from this Karajan symphony edition box set with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra

8 Likes

Eric Clapton
Santa Monica Civic Auditorium February 1978.

Eric Clapton - guitar, vocals; Dck Sims - keyboards; George Terry - guitar; Carl Radle - bass, vocals; Marcy Levy - vocals; Jaime Oldacker - drums
Recorded at the end of his Slowhand '77/'78 tour, originally recorded for the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio show.

7 Likes

Bridge Over Troubled Water (Qobuz 9624)

I noticed that there was a new master at 192/24, and so gave it a go.

My CD rip is execrable. My LP used to belong to my parents, and was well used by them …unfortunately. I will buy a better copy.

I enjoyed the new (?) master and so bought and downloaded it, at 9624.

Best version I have heard at home. Takes me back to my parents parties in the early seventies!

12 Likes