What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

s-l960
Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes!

12 Likes

Some bedtime listening from the Jazz in Britain folk - Bobby Wellins Sextet 1979 live set Homage to Caledonia. Another great Brit jazz archeological find. Good to hear Lol Coxhill too, only got him on record via Kevin Ayers vinyl. CD rip via hires player.

4 Likes

LP - Blue Note 2021 reissue : )

Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin’

<<>>

Sonny Clark – piano
Art Farmer – trumpet
Jackie McLean – alto saxophone
Paul Chambers – bass
Philly Joe Jones – drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ on 5th January 1958

~ < < :high_heel: > > ~

23 Likes

I’m glad somebody was doing something useful the day after I was born - as I recall all I did was sleep, eat, cry, and poop. And I was only about 30 miles from Hackensack…

4 Likes

6 Likes

Heh, i wasn’t quite born then, but would have had a belly button window :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What impresses me is how those guys went into a studio and recorded an album in the day of booking, no faffing about with different studios and dates or mixing somewhere else. Shows the talent of their musicianship.

5 Likes

Following on from Kev’s mention of The Young Gods, I went digging through the shelves…

The Young Gods
Product Inc/Organik 1987
UK first press.

I’d forgotten how great this is! Sounds wonderful through my planars.
Cheers, @TheKevster :ok_hand:t3:

Just ordered the reissue/remaster of TV Sky as well. Looking forward to that!

7 Likes

Currently driving down Pacific Highway 1(01) from Portland Oregon to Santa Barbara.

Walking around the delightful old town part of Eureka, northern California and by pure chance came across Radio Paradise:

We’re subscribers to this excellent radio station, so thought you might like to see where it all happens.

Best regards, BF

25 Likes

Indeed. My mind reels at how they understood music.

1 Like

Very cool! Were you able to go inside?

Yes Mark. Lovely people too.

2 Likes

What a perfect storefront for such an operation.

1 Like

11 Likes

Kate Bush - Never For Ever - CD (1980)

Kate Bush scored her first UK No.1 album with ‘Never For Ever.’ It was the first ever album by a British female solo artist to top the UK album chart as well as being the first album by any female solo artist to enter the chart at No.1.

25 Likes

EFSS | Ouddorp Tapes | 2011
Vey atmospheric Berlin School sounds from Erren, Fleissig, Schöttler and Steffen. A nice way to bring in this overcast morning.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this BF @Bluesfan, it’s very good to see where all their music comes from, I had assumed it would be some anonymous studio office block somewhere. Btw I like the journey you’re on, I took that route in the mid 90’s but just as far as San Francisco (from Seattle) and then back again. All the best, Steve

1 Like

Early start today.
Made my Signature Porridge for Mrs Q this morning a listening to one of her favourite albums over breakfast on her system.

Joe Bonamassa: Sloe Gin
Enjoying the Ninka’s back on 202/200 this morning :blush:

11 Likes

Following @Cmax with something from the lovely Kate Bush next.

Kate Bush: The Kick Inside

28 Likes

EFFS | A night On Ouddorp | 2014
More required, this was the third after Ouddorp Takes that became their Ouddorp trilogy.

3 Likes

Friday morning and nearly the weekend again so Rocking out with some Sabs before leaving for work
Black Sabbath - Live At Last

8 Likes