What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Yeah, I really like it. Have listened to it multiple times already.

Stunning in hires on Qobuz. I might play this first tomorrow after adding the NPX300 to the 333, just to hear what could possibly get better.

G

15 Likes

Veronica Falls - Veronica Falls - CD (2011)

First album from the Scottish noise pop group Veronica Falls released 20/09/11

4 Likes

Soundgarden - Superunknown - 1994

I didn’t post up the Paul Chambers-o-thon I embarked on yesterday (excellent though it was), so a shift in focus as the weekend beckons.

7 Likes

Watched it again quite recently … a work of art :grinning:

2 Likes

On Vinyl:
71fFv5-VG1L.AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65
Natalie Cole - Everlasting

4 Likes

More Rog.

G

8 Likes

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain - CD (2000)

19 Likes

Two fine albums ideal for late night listening. One from my old home town and one from my current place of residence.

The Dreams We Carry - The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

I think this is the 6th album by this experimental music collective from Liverpool.
No idea what it is all about as details are scarce but several songs are sung in French or what I think might be Norwegian.

Norwegian poet Olav Hauge has a collection called The Dreams We Carry but I don’t know if the spoken word tracks in Norwegian are his poems.

It’s an incredible, immersive listen though.

New Moon/Silver Moon - The Orbweavers

From Melbourne, Australia.
Their Bandcamp page (which is worth a look as it has all their lyrics and explanations of their inspirations) says:

The Orbweavers are Marita Dyson & Stuart Flanagan, multidisciplinary artists working in song, performance and visual art. Their work responds to history, memory and place. They are interested in local waterways, industrial history and environmental change.

The physical album is beautifully packaged and mine came with a handwritten note.
Their music really evokes the landscape of and feeling of their two homes, Melbourne and Broken Hill. The singers voice is a combination of Neko Case and Jill Birt from The Triffids. Its funny how similar “Australiana” can be to “Americana”

4 Likes

Saw this in HMV the other day at reduced price. Despite having most of the tracks, couldn’t resist.

An Introduction To Syd Barrett
Double LP compilation.
Parlophone 2022

11 Likes

On Vinyl:
71Gjt4NzmtL.AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65
The Feeling - Twelve stops and home

5 Likes

Some renaissance

2 Likes

8 Likes

Jim Hall - Concierto - 1975

I don’t play enough Jim Hall, or Joe Pass for that matter.

13 Likes

‘Should we shout?…Should we scream?’

OK, let’s do both.

G

14 Likes

Great cover :sunglasses:

1 Like

James Gang. 12 inch 45rpm. I bought this in 77 when it came out. Great tracks imho.

10 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - 1980 - The River - Label - Columbia/ CBS - OG (double album)

This is Bruce’s fifth studio album. It was his first album to top the Billboard chart and reached number two in the UK.

It produced several singles including Hungry Heart, Fade Away & The River.

The album was his attempt to capture the E Street Band’s live sound “heartland rock and roll” with a live garage band sound.

17 Likes

Many to choose from, but ‘Subsequently’ a real highlight.

G

1 Like

On Vinyl:
71dzor3U0dL.AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65
Kate Bush - The Whole Story

28 Likes