What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bob Curnow’s L.A. Big Band
The Music Of Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays

4 Likes

I had this back in the day on vinyl but lent it to a friend and it never came back a near mint copy from the excellent Atlas records has restored my ownership

Wings - Greatest Hits

11 tracks (I’m excluding Mull Of Kintyre which I hate) of McCartney magic

17 Likes

Paul Simon - The Rhythm of the Saints - 1990

Almost perfect rainy sunday listening material. Only discovered this a few months ago after being a big fan of the previous Graceland, and his earlier albums, back in the 80’s.
What a superb group of talented musicians!

14 Likes

They never surpassed ‘Script’ imho.

G

12 Likes

“Bottle glass” vinyl. Prompted after seeing him rehearse yesterday. Still not really feeling this for the most part; but it might be something to do with the production. All the Luck and Strange (terrible title) material was much better live than it is on this record…

14 Likes

Music from the Motion Picture Pulp Fiction - 1994 - Label - MCA - Vinyl.

This is a typical Quentin’s Tarantino soundtrack. No traditional film score was commissioned for the film. It contains a mix of American rock and roll, surf music, pop & soul.

This is a great film with a great soundtrack it has a a brilliant brash technicolor pop culture intensity to the music.

23 Likes

Best Feat, and that includes the studio albums and ‘Waiting…’ imho.

G

14 Likes

Leonard Cohen - Popular Problems - CD (2014)

17 Likes

Julia Werup (voc)
Sven Erik Lundeqvist (p)
Johhny Aman (b)
Thomas Blachman (d)

3 Likes

Tony Banks - The Fugitive - 1983

There is something ‘other worldly’ about this album.

3 Likes

Doctors of Madness, I know not everyone’s cup of tea, but I like them. From that mad time for music in the mid to late 70s, doing things their way! They are still going but not as the original lineup.

4 Likes

Steve Forberts famous Pink Cassette with a few additional traxs. Originally it was only given away at his shows. Next up his latest album that came out this week.

3 Likes

Tindersticks second album. First heard working call out as a refrigeration engineer in the middle of the night. OG Vinyl

G

8 Likes

The latest of New Land’s excellent vinyl LPs, this 1959 Stockholm concert is with the Night Lights band – Mulligan on baritone sax and piano, Art Farmer on trumpet, Bill Crow on bass and Dave Bailey on drums. Splendid!

9 Likes

I didn’t know about the pink cassette, that’s interesting to know. I didn’t know about his new album either!

My copy of Jackrabbit Slim came with a 45 press of the Oil Song.

4 Likes

On CD. Great mix of music. Full version of Born Slippy is just fab.

17 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - We Live Here - CD (1994)

10 Likes

Lovely record.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Watching and listening. Via ARTE on TV…

6 Likes