What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

7 Likes

folder

4 Likes

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. 1976 Double live album. Up there with the best live albums imho. Both my Seger live albums have sides 1 and 4 on the same disc so not an accident, annoying though.

" It was recorded at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan, during the heyday of that arena’s time as an important rock concert venue. The album is credited, along with Night Moves , with launching Seger’s mainstream popularity." WIKI.

8 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska - CD (1982)

Released 42 years ago today 30/09/82 haven’t played it in a while, and just thought, why not give the Boss a spin, looking outside at the weather, cover seems rather appropriate.

13 Likes

Was listening to the Sunderland gig from this set yesterday:

and found myself purchasing this as it is one of my favourite Hawkwind albums - even if no new music on the set. The booklet looks good and includes the Hawkwind Log…

and pre-ordering the Doremi box set due out in November which includes the Greasy Truckers Party gig remastered as well

A little expensive for the weekend but I would only possibly consider ‘Hall of the Mountain Grill’ and ‘Warrior on the Edge of Time’ if they do the same for these…

13 Likes

£4 well spent , 1997 reissue of first two Silver Apples albums…Silver Apples and Contact, and Mercury Rev All is Dream. And …my original 1968 vinyl copy on Kapp label, bought oh so many years ago!

10 Likes

Sorry to hear the sad news Steve

Sincere condolences.

Edward

1 Like

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs - CD (1985)

16 Likes

Fantastic album, saw TW at the Dominion Theatre London on the Raindogs tour in 198? something. Brilliant.

1 Like

First up today. Had to be Kristofferson. Bit of a David Watts character, appeared to have it all including an Oxford Blue for boxing. He wrote some great songs with great words. R.I.P.

3 Likes

It’s a great album, just sums up my mood at the moment.

1 Like

Just music, no pretentions…, nice

3 Likes

Uniti Core. An album Andy Kershaw would have championed for sure.

2 Likes

Overdue revisit – Eva Cassidy, Live At Blues Alley 25th anniversary edition, on CD

The abbreviated Nightbird album (which followed much later), demonstrating Eva’s rock credentials, and the immense flexibility of her voice on tracks like Fields of Gold and What A Wonderful World. The CD has plentiful slam and deep bass, being much better than previous releases. A very rare talent, taken far too early.

12 Likes

Sorry to hear that Steve….Peace & Love.

Graham.

1 Like

Drive-By Truckers - American Band - CD (2016)

8 Likes

Thin Lizzy: Johnny The Fox - Deluxe Edition

10 Likes

Not as good as her debut for me but still an ‘album of the year’ contender. Uniti Core.

8 Likes

The final album from LA punk legends X.
Gawd bless em…

Under The Big Black Sun and More Fun In The New World are still two of my favourite albums. While not quite up to those heights, this is a very decent last hurrah…

X
Smoke and Fiction
Fat Possum 2024

4 Likes

3 Likes