What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Chris Rea - The Road To Hell - CD (1989)

11 Likes

Super Samara – I cannot wait to hear this on vinyl…

6 Likes

The Eagles, The Long Run, on CD. Follow-up to Hotel California and nowhere near it in quality and songwriting. It seems it was supposed to be a 2LP set, but things had started to unravel by this time.

10 Likes

Pat Metheny Group - Offramp

I have this on vinyl, but I was too lazy to fire up the LP12. Hence, listening to the CD rip. A fine album in any format. Pat playing his Roland G808 synth guitar.

13 Likes

Not sure what to listen to - so back to an old favourite - can’t go wrong!

Dexter Gordon (ts)
Bent Axen (p)
Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen (b)
William Schiopffe (d)

5 Likes

One of the best jazz voices out there and a sleek production by Brian Lynch. :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 x LP - Remastered & Expanded Polydor 2014 reissue : )

T.REX

<<>>

Marc Bolan – vocals, guitar, bass, organ
Mickey Finn – drums, bass, Pixiphone, vocals
with:
Tony Visconti – bass, piano, recorder, string arrangements, production
Howard Kaylan – backing vocals
Mark Volman – backing vocals

Recorded at Trident Studio, London May – August, and released in December 1970

~ < < > > ~

9 Likes

Go Duke! Stunning-sounding Analogue Productions LP:

15 Likes

Crowded House - Temple Of Low Men - CD (1988)

12 Likes

Air | Moon Safari | 1998
I played this to death back in the day and heard it just about everywhere else, tv ads, radio, friends, dinners. It got so I could no longer abide it from over exposure. Back enjoying it again in the past year or so.

13 Likes

John Scofield and Pat Metheny - I Can See Your House From Here

After Offramp, I felt in need of more Pat. Then I spotted this. Two jazz masters, each with very different styles, but it works so well, creating some beautiful music together.

6 Likes

On Vinyl
The Ruts - The Crack

6 Likes

Max Roach’s 1958 album Deeds, Not Words which finds the jazz great blurring the boundaries of hard bop. Produced by Orrin Keepnews , the fine 8-song documents the beginnings of Roach’s association with the great young trumpeter Booker Little and is innovative in its use of Ray Draper’s tuba as a melody instrument. Tenor saxophonist George Coleman and bassist Art Davis round out the excellent quintet. The Riverside date is highlighted by the popular jazz standard “You Stepped Out of a Dream,” the Sammy Cahn/Jule Styne penned “It’s You or No One” and the unaccompanied Roach drum showcase “Conversation.”

4 Likes

ELO - On The Third Day. Heard Showdown in the background of a TV show the other day. So…

11 Likes

Deeper Shades Of Hooj (Vol 1) - 1997
CD rip

This first one of the three volumes probably my favourite as it has a couple of L.S.G (Oliver Lieb) tracks.

Progressive trance, loved it in its 1993-1997 heyday.

2 Likes

Ornette - Lady BC out at the book club coven so I can play stuff normally verboten. Ornette Coleman New York is Now! Not one of the classics perhaps but some cracking playing from a great band who aren’t his usual compadres. Blue Note vinyl.

6 Likes

Live Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton - 24 Nights

8 Likes

Another Craft Latino banger…

5 Likes

Clearly not their best but still a really enjoyable album. Uniti Core.

5 Likes

Groundhogs - Thank Christ For The Bomb.

14 Likes