What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

New album from The The, Ensoulment. Haven’t played anything by them for quite a while, this album has some great songs, arrangements and bass lines. Thoroughly recommended!

8 Likes

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit

It’s a slack afternoon here.

4 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - CD (1975)

Pink Floyd went to No.1 on the UK album chart with ‘Wish You Were Here’. The album featured a tribute to ex band member Syd Barrett, ‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’. Also No.1 in the US. For one of the shots on the album’s cover, two stuntmen were used, Danny Rogers and Ronnie Rondell, who was dressed in a fire-retardant suit covered by a business suit. Initially the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, and the flames were forced into Rondell’s face, burning his moustache. The two stuntmen changed positions, and the image was later reversed.

31 Likes

On Vinyl:
81U9GtEveQL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Simply Red - a new flame

14 Likes

The new Jason Isbell - Live from the Ryman Vol 2

8 Likes

An amazing soul album, packed with bangers. I only have it on CD – would love to be able to afford a nice OG vinyl copy…

7 Likes

5 Likes

Received the files earlier for this forthcoming (out 22nd November) archive Blue Note release. Wow! It’s a good 'un! Hopefully it’ll sound even better on vinyl.

10 Likes

Midas by Wunderhorse. British group who do melodic post-punk in a Husker Du vein. Very enjoyable

2 Likes

Moon Duo | Live in Ravenna | 2014

Because Moon Duo dropped this to my inbox today via bandcamp letting me know that they now have vinyl for it available. I bought the digital download ten years ago and have enjoyed this psych rock duo for years. Time to get it out for another play…

"Moon Duo’s Live in Ravenna was recorded in the summer of 2013 and is available as a limited, one-time vinyl pressing. “Ravenna was memorable for a number of reasons, the most prominent being the really very intense heat, and the setting Hanabi has an outdoor stage on the beach, the Adriatic Sea only meters away,” the band’s Sanae Yamada explains. “The show that night, and the recording of it, sort of encapsulates everything that was happening at the time the heat wave, the journey, and the shift in the energy and composition of the band.”

6 Likes

‘Zenyatta Mundatta’ – The Police

This album has some real punch to it – great production. First Friday evening at home in a while – can’t beat HiFi and a glass of wine.

21 Likes

Tears for Fears - The Hurting (Super Deluxe Edition)

18 Likes

Miles Davis - In a silent way - great stuff

18 Likes

Chris Rea - La Passione (Film soundtrack) 1996

Shirley Bassey provides vocals on two tracks: La Passione which became a big hit for her and a duet with Chris entitled Shirley Do You Own A Ferrari?

6 Likes

David Benoit - Waiting for Spring

With Emily Remler on guitar.

4 Likes

Billy Strings - Highway Prayer - CD (2024)

3 Likes

UK first pressing from March 1983 (can it really be 41 and a half years ago?). Without “When The Tigers Broke Free”, which is how it should be. Not their best by any means, and a bit light on the boss tunage, but it’s better than the three Gilmour-led albums that followed it. At least old Rog sounds like he feels something. And cheezus, it’s really well recorded… I mean, really really really well recorded.

18 Likes

Moon Duo | Circles | 2012

5 Likes

It is good isn’t it! I keep going back to it!
For me they stand out from the norm new type music thats about. They come across as a well sorted and tight band and she has a lovely voice… and great lyrics.

1 Like

Friday night and time to relax after work
Always enjoy some Depeche Mode and I love the way every song is different with their keyboard sounds.This compilation is so well recorded.
Depeche Mode - The Best Of Volume One

14 Likes