What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

This is the second of two in the series of Jazz in Paris albums.

8 Likes

I just listened to it again a couple of hours ago, lol, and it just gets better!
Umm, yes, I will check out Sunflower Bean too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Suggest you start with Headful of Sugar :sunglasses::guitar:

2 Likes

Yes I will indeed. It’s the individual thing that you mentioned that has always attracted me. Bands that have the ambition to just go out there and do your thing!

1 Like

Rumer, Nashville Tears. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Bette Midler - The Best Bette.

3 Likes

Carly Simon, hotcakes. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

The Pineapple Thief: It Leads To This

10 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider Down To The Moon / 2006 Edel / Germany CD / 0166702CTT

5 Likes

Emilie-Claire Barlow, live in Tokyo. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

1075130729313bd12979c47cd838f046

4 Likes

Many archival box sets have filler included. Not this one! It includes another full concert by the ‘Shadows And Light’ band. Jaco Pastorius, Michael Brecker, Pat Metheny, Lyle Mays and Don Alias. When there is a discussion on the greatest backing band ever, the ‘Shadows and Light’ band is usually mentioned with suitable reverence. It is a phenomenal set!

15 Likes

Purchase this used record recently and playing it for the first time.

8 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider The Storyteller / 2006 Content / Germany Promo CD / 0167572CTT

6 Likes

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - CD (1973)

Elton John released his seventh studio album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Under the working titles of Vodka and Tonics and Silent Movies, Talking Pictures, Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics to the album in two and a half weeks, with John composing most of the music in three days while staying at the Pink Flamingo Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has now sold over 30 million copies worldwide and is his best-selling studio album.

24 Likes

1 Like

The Smile- Cutouts
2024 vie Tidal Stream 16/44.1

Just enjoying a new masterpiece from Mr. Yorke and co. I love the style and the soundstage of this Album. First 2 Tracks are a little slow and pending but then it feels like an Explosion of Sounds and feelings this record transports. I think it could be worth to order the Vinyl.Nice After breakfast mood now.

After listening the whole Album I have to admit that it is really excellent and made it to my Top 5 Albums 2024 so far. Best work since „In Rainbows“ Mr. Yorke :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Andreas Vollenweider White Winds / 2006 Content / Germany CD / 0166692CTT

6 Likes

Tried to get the original recording but was silly money- then RSD came along- an event that generally I observe with suspicion- and this was released. Just a fantastic album even if the vinyl is a bit of a dodgy colour. Sq is excellent.

14 Likes

Nice and mellow - fits today perfectly after a good dinner and wine with friends last night.

3 Likes