What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Morning all.
Awoken to a drowned world today. Fields all around us are saturated and according to the monitoring data I’ll need a boat to get across the Welney causeway to Ely🤦🏻‍♂️
Therefore I am staying in with the music on all day. Mrs Q is not so lucky and is off to Ipswich if she can navigate around all the floods…:roll_eyes:

Dream Theater: Distance Over Time

7 Likes

Happy birthday @TheKevster :birthday::balloon::champagne::champagne:

3 Likes

The new Alison Moyet album, Key, arrived yesterday. Hmm. My only comment is that I’m listening to this:

18 Likes

Herbie Hancock The New Standard / 1996 Verve / UK CD / 5277152

11 Likes

Lovely Vivaldi before leaving for work
Vivaldi - Concertos For Horns And Strings And Guitar And Strings

8 Likes

Happy birthday Kev hope you have a good one :clinking_glasses:…G

2 Likes

Elton John: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

21 Likes

I like ‘Key’, a nice addition to the collection.

But Alf is very very good indeed. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for all the kind birthday wishes everybody!

14 Likes

Yes, best wishes Kev👍

2 Likes

3 Likes

Happy birthday @TheKevster, I will play this in the afternoon for you.

8 Likes

Happy Birthday Kev.

1 Like

@BlueCanary …I saw Yamashta at Aston University Union many many years ago…took a then girlfriend who thought it "interesting ". The show was spectacular, very theatrical. Here’s my original 1972 copy.

6 Likes

You saw ROXY MUSIC and SHARKS gig played in Leeds 8 April 1973. Did you remember if was a full house ? Thanks for your memories ! You were lucky to see ANDY FRASER playing ! A truly musical genius !

Forgive my curiosity but did you saw LYNYRD SKYNRD in concert between 1970 and 1977 ? Thanks for your memories !

If it was Leeds Grand Theatre I was at that gig which was superb - support act worth seeing and Roxy Music at their Brian Eno best. And the theatre was full from memory. We were on the balcony which gave a great view. Happy days.

1 Like

Lana Del Ray: NFR

15 Likes

Hi Ian, luckily while travelling home it had stopped :cloud_with_rain: so trying to avoid the large puddles…
Yes I did see the videos on the Lego thread and send apologies, I thought I had sent you a reply, I had not seen any of Francis vids before but will be seeking out quite a few more, Loved the class 56 when in regular service, not so keen on the new class 69 rebuilds, but understand why they are doing it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Gary

1 Like

Playing L.A Woman from this box set. Marvellous stuff. Uniti Core.

14 Likes