What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Jah Wobbles Invaders of the Heart - Rising Above Bedlam

7 Likes

In Memory of John Winston Lennon 09/10/40 – 08/12/80 who would have been 84 today.

20 Likes

Really growing on me and I am now unsure if this or Wall of Eyes is my favourite…

8 Likes

This is hands down my favourite of this year so far though. I don’t understand why some do not like it. You have to give it time, almost every track on the album is fantastic. A real future classic IMO.

16 Likes

To see Public Service Broadcasting is still around is not a nostalgic feel but a welcome chance to explore the sound of a band whose longevity is as exceptional as their peculiar sound. Finding inspiration in Amelia Earheart’s final flight, The Last Flight pulls from a moment in history and feels, at times, how a soundtrack to a biopic would be.

8 Likes

I’ve no idea how you’d categorise Get The Blessing’s music beyond ‘ Bristol Music’. I have all their CDs including those released as The Blessing. They’re all great and they’re a wonderful live band although it’s become harder to see them outside Bristol these days. I think they’re all busy doing sessions especially Deamer who seems to have played with everybody. Great band. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Time for the Donald - Donaldson Toussaint L’Ouverture Byrd II’s Lost Album Kofi gets the Blue Note Tone Poet treatment. Two sessions nearly a year apart - the first has a jazzy West African vibe, the second more overtly funky showing his future direction.

9 Likes

Enjoying on CD Madge getting raunchy and some
Madonna - Erotica

6 Likes

Just had a listen to this album by Marlena Shaw, as recently recommended by @TheKevster. I enjoyed it very much and will look to track a copy down.

4 Likes

Many happy returns Kev

Always late to the party!
Happy Birthday @TheKevster
Hope you’ve had a great day :+1:

I’m enjoying this too. I’ve not listened to it enough yet though as I am spoilt for choice with so many new releases around!!!

1 Like

A Nice combination

3 Likes

Cream - BBC Sessions.

13 Likes

Worth it just for Funk #49.

13 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon - CD Immersion Box Set (2011)

19 Likes

Eminem - The Death Of Slim Shady

Not everyone’s taste but well recorded sometimes catchy other times awkward or uncomfortable but still compelling - at least for me.

4 Likes

I don’t normally like this kind of treatment to artists and bands work but really enjoyed this release especially track 7 - People Are Strange (Infected Mushroom Remix) - the outstanding track on the album for me.

Arrived today, very good (as is their prior joint album, The Sun Room).

7 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run.

19 Likes