What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Roy Hargrove Quintet earfood / 2008 EmArcy / EU CD / 0602517641815

Roy Hargrove Trumpet, Flugelhorn
Gerald Clayton Piano
Justin Robinson Alto Sax, Flute
Danton Boller Bass
Montez Coleman Drums

5 Likes

Marcus Bonfanti - Hard Times, gritty, blues rock.

4 Likes

Second vinyl copy of this (the first was a crap pressing with irritating clicks etc. I returned it and bought the CD, but still hankered over wanting the LP). This copy is perfect, thankfully.

A wonderful, wonderful album from

Laurie Anderson
Amelia
Nonesuch

Her homage to Amelia Earhart.
Gorgeous.

6 Likes

CD - Columbia / Legacy - Sony Music 2003 issue : )

Solo Monk released in 1965 is the fifth studio album from Thelonious Monk, recordings from 1964 and 1965 on Columbia Records, and his eighth overall for that label.
The album is composed entirely of solo piano work by Monk

:musical_keyboard:

Thelonious Monk was born on this day in 1917

born on 10th October 1917 in Rocky Mount, North Carolina :us:

Thelonious Monk Jr. 1917-1982

16 Likes

Sergeant Thunderhoof - Terra Solus. This is hitting the spot on a remarkably glorious Yorkshire afternoon :sunny::sunny:

3 Likes

UK OG pressing. Splendid stuff:

6 Likes

John Prine - Bruised Orange - CD (1978)

In Memory of John Prine : 10/10/46 - 07/04/20

American singer, songwriter John Prine, known for the 1971 Vietnam War song ‘Sam Stone’ from the album John Prine. He released his debut album in 1971, and put out 19 studio albums in all. He died on 7 April 2020 aged 73 due to complications from Covid-19.

10 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - The Sky Is Crying.

22 Likes

On OG 1977 UK vinyl, it’s the kimonotastically progmungous Rush!

18 Likes

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King (40th Anniversary Series) CD (1969)

27 Likes

A happy afternoon making oceans of soup (lentil & bacon and a very beefy borscht), now chilling with a nice beer and this:

25 Likes

I’ve Been Working…to quote Van Morrison…my work today has been listening to Van all day. With a short break for Ken Bruce Popmaster

15 Likes

20 Likes

Prompted by @steviebee and @HungryHalibut - here’s Nick Mason’s first solo LP, Fictious Sports. Really it’s a Carla Bley album with Nick playing drums and co-producing. Nick was a big fan of Bley’s music, and thought that by adding his name to one of her records more people would get to hear her music. A rather generous gesture, I think.

It’s a great album, too. Robert Wyatt’s lugubrious delivery is the perfect transmitter of Bley’s wonderfully witty lyrics, Chris Spedding does some superb Gilmour impressions, and Steve Swallow, Mike Mantler and Gary Windo are all excellent. UK first press vinyl.

14 Likes

FACING THE HISTORY OF FRENCH MODERN PSYCHEDELIC MUSIC

6 Likes

On Vinyl:
81oBg-Mr0BL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Everything But The Girl - Fuse

9 Likes

Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses - CD (1986)

5 Likes

This…

15 Likes

Tom Waits - Franks Wild Years. The 24/192 Qobuz stream, always makes my ears think that Christmas has come early.

12 Likes

We spent an entertaining hour or so at the excellent Spin Records in Dorking.

Thusfar we have heard these:-

11 Likes