What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A slow burning delight. Makes Blue Nile look like sprinters at times. Beautiful music. Ideal Sunday night fare. CD rip.

1 Like

Blimey. I just had a look at the cover of Lie: The Love And Terror Cult and, apart from the evil eyes, the resemblance is uncanny.

1 Like

Patricia Janeckova, self titled album. A talented young soprano taken far too early.

2 Likes

First spin, latest from The Pineapple Thief…

Another great album and Gavin’s drumming is on point as usual.
Nice pressing from Kscope, flat, clean and quiet… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

13 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever - CD (2018)

21 Likes

Bitstream - Union EP

Sublime electronica from the Connor brothers AKA Bitstream. The big tune is track A1 - Monolith (originally released in 1999) which evokes thoughts of Aphex Twin’s Analogue Bubblebath but in a more melodic and tidy package.

The cover photo is of the now demolished Greyfriars Bus Station in Northampton. Once described by Kevin McCloud as “like a great big mouth of hell”.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Jimbo Page guests on guitar.:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins, neck and neck. Sounds like we were enjoying the same album at about the same time. Awesome. Playing this next. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

2016 MPS Records, AAA Reissue Series vinyl release, a great sounding live LP… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin: :+1:

8 Likes

Spooky…great playing from Mark and Chet, and the big thing for me, they sound like they were enjoying themselves, which is what it’s all about.

Nice! Mine’s been shipped but haven’t received it yet as I live in the outer reached of the universe (Australia). Glad to hear it sounds good.

Now spinning:

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day (2012 re-press)

Lovely slab of goth doom/death with Opeth’s Mikael Akerfeldt guesting while Edge of Sanity’s Dan Swano engineered the album. Essential.

3 Likes

Lance Percival and George W Bush right there!

3 Likes

Anaïs Mitchell, rolling golden holy. :smiling_face:

11 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “Bonny Light Horseman” David😉

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Animals - CD (1977)

Pink Floyd released their tenth studio album ‘Animals’ in the US, on the 12th Feb 1977 where it reached No.3 in the charts. The album’s cover image, a pig floating between two chimneys on Battersea Power Station, was conceived by bassist Roger Waters and realised by long-time design and photographic collaborators Hipgnosis.

30 Likes

Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I (2013 remaster, Blood Music, limited to 200 copies)

A simply astonishing progressive black metal epic by some of the most talented Aussies around. I’ve only listened to this once prior back when it originally released and promptly forgotten what it sounded like. A masterpiece. I can’t believe I let this sit idle rather than spinning it ad nauseam. And the sound quality, jfc. Might be one of the best sounding records I own. Need to listen to all of the Blood Music releases I own now.

1 Like

Michael McDonald - If That’s What It Takes - CD (1982)

Happy Birthday Michael :birthday: 12/02/52

8 Likes

Laura Branigan, self control. :smiling_face:

8 Likes