What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tchaikovsky Ballet Excerts sounding very nice as the Sunday roast cooks with a glass of wine :wine_glass:

6 Likes

Thinking of the nova pe thread

1 Like

I can’t stand Norah Jones but decided to put my well intense dislike aside and give her another chance. I’m glad I did. Just listen to her latest outing. How well constructed the song and in particular how profound the lyrics are. I should have trusted my instincts.
It sucks -WTF!

8 Likes

Easy like Sunday morning, to steal a line …. An album that’s grown on me over the years (as I mellow into old age I guess). Uniti Core.

23 Likes

The Telescopes - Growing Eyes Becoming Strong… some dark dreampop/showgaze thought lost by the band following a hard drive issue.

2 Likes

Robert Fripp - Brian Eno - (No Pussyfooting) - CD (1973)

16 Likes

George Benson Breezin’ / 2009 Warner / EU CD / 5 Originals Box Set / 8122798365

15 Likes

24 Likes

Prompted to play this by a discussion of (poor) sound quality I noticed on the System Pics 24 thread. I prefer this album to Deja VU - think the introduction of Young as brilliant as he is, means the ‘band’ lose some cohesion. Deja VU still a top album mindst. I’m playing the HiRes Qobuz stream and have to say the SQ is great (to my ears). Cracking album.

23 Likes

Sunday arvo jazz club with Chris (the boy) Potter and top notch quartet (Mehldau; Patitucci; Blades) on Eagle’s Point. Superb composition and playing. Not as enthralling as last year’s Keys to the Kingdom - altho that was live.

1 Like

Cannot right now, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Paul Weller - Illumination - CD (2002)

6 Likes

Do love a good covers album, and this one’s a cracker. Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs - Under The Covers, Vol.1.

8 Likes

LP - Epic Records 1978 : )

<<>>

Brad Delp – lead and harmony vocals
Tom Scholz – guitars, organs, piano, percussion, producer, engineer, arranger, cover concept
Barry Goudreau – lead guitar, slide guitar, rhythm guitar
Fran Sheehan – bass guitar, percussion on "Don’t Look Back
Sib Hashian – drums, percussion

Recorded 1977/78 at Tom Scholz’s Hideaway Studio Northern Studio, Maynard, Massachusetts.

~ < < :rocket: > > ~

Happy Birthday Tom Scholz! :birthday: :partying_face:

born Born in Toledo, Ohio on 10th March 1947 :us:

12 Likes

Don’t know a lot about reggae, but I know class when I hear it.
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey

10 Likes

Mothers Day cooking duties. No worries with this one on :grinning:

12 Likes

On Qobuz.

7 Likes

Excellent set of collaborations - perfect pop music. Nice SQ too. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

2 Likes

13 Likes